BootsnAll Travel Network



Welcome party

_MG_5099-1.jpg

OK ok, so I know I´ve been here for the last two month, but I still haven´t finish this blog…
Let me just post some pictures of the welcome party that my family and friends threw in my honor. It was mad! like 100 people came, two live bands, drinks and of course the cops came twice!

We, Colombians, have this special type of music called Vallenatos. It´s a very tropical music, played with an accordion, drums, a “guacharaca” something looking like a grater that you scratch with a fork type instrument and makes some noise and a singer. It´s becoming very popular in South America and if you´ve traveled around here you´ve heared it for sure! Well my parent hired a group of Vallenatos and we danced for something like 2 hours!

_MG_5053-1.jpg

_MG_5052.jpg

_MG_5097.jpg

Then and this is the funny part, 2 men came to the door with Mariachis (the mexican group with the big hats) and asked if they could come in. We didn´t know the guys but they were gonna serenate some girl and she wouldn´t open so they decided to share the band with us 🙂

_MG_5079.jpg

My sister and the singer of the mariachis

_MG_5124.jpg

_MG_5107.jpg

_MG_5056.jpg

It was a succes and we had lots of fun. As I said the police came twice to make us behave but in the end everything was ok and the party ended around 7 in the morning.

Soon I´ll post something about the Flower fair in a city called Medellin so keep tuned, I´m going to the Amazon as well, so hopefully there´s gonna be some nice animal pictures!!

SAI



Tags: , , ,

2 responses to “Welcome party”

  1. Rob says:

    It’s not really a party if the cops don’t come.

  2. Greg says:

    Hola mi amigo! Muy bien! It is nice to return home in one piece…but to return home to a big party with music AND the police….now that is the way a vagabond should be welcomed home!

    Congratulations on the adventure of your life, but I hope never the last.

    Que te vaya bien.
    – Greg

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *