BootsnAll Travel Network



Third class train!

Oh yeah!! who said that we tourist can not travel the very very cheap way??? Well I did it! and I mean the cheapest!!!
I took the train to Edfu from Aswan at 06:00, to see the great temple of Edfu. This time I was carrying my bagpack and was leaving Aswan direction Luxor. I met a very nice man who invited me to take a taxi with him, that would take me closer to the temple. After a quick walk I was inside the temple, my bag was left outside with the temple police, and I was enjoying one of the very best temples in Egypt. The temple is amazing, but let’s move to the cool part of the story!

The thing was I didn’t have too much time, cause the only train there was, was at 11 o’clock from Edfu to Luxor. It was a 3rd class train, “No conditioned” as they call them here. I thought, “Right, it’s only a two hour trip, so no problem”. The train came half an hour late and many many people mor than I thought there were gonna be!!! I mean it was PACKED!!! Just imagine a very full bus, with people standing, right? Well this was like that, but also with bags, boxes, children, tea sellers, food sellers and everything imaginable. I found a good spot, just between two wagons, and I mean literally between two wagons! Everytime the train started a crack would open on the floor, jajajaa, it was less that 1x 1 m, and there were 4 of us. We were also between four bathrooms, but there’s only a whole in the floor, and the aiming wasn’t doing very well, cause the floor was just a “bit” disgusting!

We were standing of course, and the people were staring at me, and telling me, “What are you doing here?” “I don’t know, I like it!”
I talked to a couple of people, who were my saviors, cause I didn’t know when I had to get off. They also pushed me outside the train with a thousand people pushing the other way, and threw me my bag! The trip was 2 hours and a half and it cost me 2 LE (about 30 euro cents! jajajajaja)

Now I’m in Luxor, I found a marvelous hotel, and I’m enjoying myself here. Not to metion of course that I’m wrecked!!!

So come on people, try the local transportation, save some money and make new friends!
cheers

Simon



Tags: , ,

2 responses to “Third class train!”

  1. Amir Avni says:

    Hey Man!
    Good to see you’re keeping the good vibrations!
    Continue to rock the middle east and be spontaneous!

    Amir.A

  2. Greg says:

    Best dive of our lives tomorrow man!

    Now get off that computer and lets go eat some fish….Quiero comer!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *