BootsnAll Travel Network



Surviving the trip to Bangkok

Man!! that’s what I call traveling!! It all began with a very smooth ride on a boat, where I met again with Padraic (Irish for Patrick) who was diving in the same place as me. The sea conditions were fantastic not a cloud in the sky and hardly any waves. But then we took “the” bus…

The bus was actually very nice and comfortable, with lots of space and very comfy chairs

IMG_4874.jpg

But then around midnight, while we were trying to sleep, we heard this big CRASH!!! and how the bus was dragging something in front of it. We stopped, we weren’t allowed to get off, but because we were sitting at the front we could see the cabin and the whole windshield broken. We still don’t know what happened, 15 minutes later we were driving again, but this time a bit more concerned.

IMG_4884.jpg

Then around 3 o’clock in the morning, the bus broke down!! Oh again stopping!!!! The driver though, fixed the problem quickly and we continued. 5 minutes later we were at the petrol station, we had run out of gas!!
Anyway with all this happening we arrived in Bangkok only with 10 minutes delay 🙂

Now we are trying to get a room in the busy Khaosan road. I think I’ll stay here at least 4 days, the 18th is the Chinese new year so I think it’ll be good fun to celebrate it here.

I’ve never told you this but Thailand is as far as I can be from home!!! The time difference is 12 hours, I’m literally on the other side of the world so whether I go east or west I’ll be getting closer to Colombia 🙂
Here I come!! (but slowly slowly 😉 jejejeje)

bis bald!!
simon

IMG_4829.jpg

The water bottle are hilarious!

IMG_4832.jpg

IMG_4858.jpg

IMG_4840.jpg



Tags: , , ,

2 responses to “Surviving the trip to Bangkok”

  1. David says:

    Krass Mann, ist ja krass. Hoffen wir, dass dir auch weiterhin ein Glück beschienen ist, nicht dass es irgendwann heißt, last location “heaven” 🙂

  2. jerrytree says:

    I can’t believe the driver can make it through with the broken windshield like that.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *