BootsnAll Travel Network



Sa Pa, the city in the clouds

Queridisimos amigos!!!! What up?? 🙂

I made it to the train by 30 seconds, pffff, that was really close!

Yesterday morning I got to Sa Pa, a small village in the mountains of Northern Vietnam. It was dark, cold, raining and every single hotel that didn’t charged me $ 40 was full

I met this wonderful Vietnamese couple in the train, and thanks to them I manage to find a dorm. I joined them for breakfast and then we decided to stroll arroud together. Man it’s SO much easy when you are with someone that speaks the language! Cheap prices, no misunderstandings. Plus they had this two amazing Chilean Shiraz wine bottles, and believe me good red wine around here is a luxury.

_MG_1233.jpg

_MG_1443.jpg

Good wine but no good glasses, ah well we had the important thing! and shot after shot we manage to finish the bottle 🙂

We had a great time but it rained for the whole day…
That didn’t stop us though. We rented some motorbikes and went to some villages and waterfalls. I was driving on a dirt road with at least 10 cm of mud!!! Yeah!!

_MG_1476.jpg

Sa Pa has a French colonial style, a lake and it’s really pretty. It’s surrounded by hundreds of rice paddies, and the scenery is stunning.

_MG_1483.jpg

_MG_1499.jpg

Sa Pa has many hill tribe people that live in villages nearby, and besides being the most annoying thing in Sa Pa, “Hey mister? Buy from me?” every two seconds they are nice.

My friends left today but I decided to stay one more day, not because I wanted that much, but to play it safe and get the full month of Mai in China, otherwise I’ll miss my flight to South America and that’s not good.

China is calling me strongly. I’m really looking forward to going into the giant of Asia.
To be honest I’m a bit intimidated.

Alright, no more.

Hope your having a great time and that everything is going well, I’ll talk to you next time from China, Insha’Allah

simon =)

Check out this pictures and sorry if it takes too long to load but I couldn’t help it, most of them are from the hill tribe villagers, smile!!

_MG_1520.jpg

_MG_1467.jpg

_MG_1441.jpg

_MG_1432.jpg

_MG_1412.jpg

_MG_1391.jpg

_MG_1367.jpg

_MG_1343.jpg

_MG_1331.jpg

_MG_1268.jpg

_MG_1216.jpg

_MG_1207.jpg

_MG_1248.jpg

Ever eaten very very little birds?? like the ones you see on the park?? Skewers, yeah!

_MG_1232.jpg

_MG_1284.jpg



Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *