BootsnAll Travel Network



Kunming and around

I try to fall asleep again but my mind wouldn’t let me. My memories were as fresh as if it had happend just a few minutes ago. I wasn’t able to think in anything else.
The image of a naked Chinese guy trying to stand on his hands inside a hot spring, was spinning around mi head again and again, making sure I wouldn’t have a good night sleep

Everything started early that morning when I decided to go on a day trip to the country side of Kunming. There were more people than I thought or wanted it to be, but atleast the mayority were Chinese.
The tripo started with a 2 hours bus ride, and a big lunch in the village we had gone to. They had this powerful-antiseptic-ratpoison drink destilled from rice, wich we all drank thankingour hosts. The scenery was stunning. Large rice paddies with terracote soil, surrounded by a river and mountains. It was so strange that not even the Chinese in the group cuold comunicate with the local, as they speak a different dialect.

_MG_1846.JPG

_MG_1860.JPG

_MG_1914.JPG

_MG_1867.JPG

After exploring a gorge for two hours enjoying the nature arround us, we got back to the village where another feast was about to begin. Noodles, pork, bacon, vegetables, poison drink and cherry wine, were some of the dishes.

And to relax, nothing better than a hot spring, right? Yep, nothing better than a hot spring…

_MG_1991.JPG

Ok, I just got to Chengdu, after 18 hours in a train, though one of the best nights I’ve had in China thanks to my hard sleeper! I’ll be “reporting” from here very soon 🙂

enjoy my friends, enjoy 🙂

_MG_1798.JPG

_MG_1935.JPG

_MG_1959.JPG

_MG_2021.JPG

In the train, nice he?

_MG_2002.JPG

MASIVE noodle soup for breakfast, Chinese style!!



Tags: , , , , ,

-2 responses to “Kunming and around”

  1. Rob says:

    No Tibet! Shit!

    Well that changes all my plans. I was thinking of leaving here for Pingyuo in two days, then to Xain for a few, then to Chengdu and up to Tibet. Ill look into it here to see if I can still get to Tibet from here. I will be extremely sad If i can’t.

    I can meet you in Xian, or pingyuo. or both. what day do you plan on being in Xian?

    If I can’t go to tibet, I might just end up with more time in Mongolia or some of the far west of china.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *