BootsnAll Travel Network



In the heart of the Amazon jungle

_MG_4451.jpg

Oh my God finally I´m writing again! sorry for all that time but university has kept me busy.
Anyway, here we are back in time into the jungle, Colombia´s most remote city and border with Brazil, Peru and the mighty river, I´m talking about Leticia!

_MG_4447.jpg

Yep that is my flag! Finally an accent that I know, fruits that I hadn´t eaten in a long time and arepas! Corn cakes that I absolutely adore and I´ve been eaten since I got here 🙂
Leticia is a bit messy and I really wasn´t looking to spend my last days in a city, so I quickly took a boat to Puerto Nariño a really nice town with no cars or motorbikes, and with a population or more or less 700 people! nice…

_MG_4530.jpg

_MG_4521.jpg

_MG_4736.jpg

It was great, I felt a bit more in the jungle although I know it was just a nibble. But seeing all those animals around and the amazing river made me feel in heaven.

_MG_4755.jpg

_MG_4770.jpg

_MG_4662.JPG

_MG_4764.JPG

I woke up early and got a small boat into the jungle through samll arms of the river. It was so nice! We stoped and the driver said ” We´ll fish some pirañas (piranhas) ” Well it was just a matter of a second! the guy threw the line and instantly pulled it back to the boat with a very angry piranha making weird noises! it was like chewing everything around it and it wouldn´t stop!

_MG_4816.jpg

_MG_4796.JPG

_MG_4807.jpg

With those sharp teeth there was only one thing to do

_MG_4808.jpg

🙂

The whole scenery was stunning and I couldn´t stop looking around me for more fish, birds and beauty. For those of you who haven´t been to the jungle, I can only say one thing: What are you waiting for?

_MG_4891.JPG

_MG_4871.jpg

Back in Leticia I went and did some Canopy. It´s easy to explain: you climb a 50 meters tree using your arms a rope and a harness, and when you get there you fly over the canopy through trees and nature. It´s a zip wire (flying fox or polea) that has 100 meters of fun! It was incredible!

_MG_4914.jpg

_MG_4921.jpg

_MG_4949.jpg

_MG_4957.jpg

Even there I found a very nice frined chilling out on my gloves

_MG_4907.JPG

It was time to leave Leticia and to finish my trip. It took me 3 years to come back to Bogota and now that it´s time I´m happy but at the same time sad. It´s kind of a melancholic feeling that will only go away with more adventures.
By the way some fellow travellers I met in Chile and Bolivia crossing the Salt plains are arriving in Bogota soon, so I think those adventures will start soon. I promise to keep this blog alive!

I can´t help it I have the travel bug in me and it won´t go away, and if it did I would get it back soon, just look at my pack!

_MG_4998.jpg



Tags: , , , , ,

2 responses to “In the heart of the Amazon jungle”

  1. Greg says:

    Mi amigo, are you insane?!?! You might need that tongue…don’t give it to a deadly fish! 🙂

    I wanna play in the Amazon too….when do you have a break from uni? 🙂

    – G

  2. Jillian Hall Nude

    I Googled for something completely different, but found your page…and have to say thanks. nice read.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *