BootsnAll Travel Network



And to drink? Wine please!

_MG_2094.JPG

First of all, I´m alive. I made it to Bolivia after hard traveling through the salt plains, just wait and you´ll see.

So going back in time a couple of days, I was still in Argentina in the beautiful city of Mendoza. This city is known for having the best Malbec, a type of grape, in the world. You can visit wineries and taste a wide range of this delicacy. How could I pass this up??

The wine tasting was definitely one of the best days in Mendoza. Not only for the free wine, that is always well recieved, but to learn about this important part of the Argentinian culture.

_MG_2085.JPG

_MG_2071.JPG

The Aconcagua (6950 meters), the highest mountain in the western world, happens to be 4 hours away from Mendoza just at the boarder with Chile. It´s one of the most popular spots for tourists during the summer. As I discovered later, NO ONE goes during the winter because it´s absolutely freezing! Never mind the cold or the walking on ice and snow, the mountain it´s gorgeous.

_MG_2036.JPG

_MG_2000.JPG

_MG_1960.JPG

And as a nice bonus, and without having anything else to do or anywhere to go (first bus leaves at 18:00) we spent the day skiing :). It was great ´cause the season hadn´t started, and there were something like 30 people on the whole mountain!! I was surrounded by fresh untouched snow just for me, sweet!

_MG_2037.JPG

_MG_2039.JPG

Time to leave the city and head to Chile via Salta!!

_MG_2054.JPG

_MG_1958.JPG



Tags: , , , , ,

0 responses to “And to drink? Wine please!”

  1. Pipo says:

    Bolivia… si que me gustaria parchar por ahi un rato… bueno, ya casi es el reencuentro. La gente se esta poniendo nerviosa… jejejeje
    un abrazo grande

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *