BootsnAll Travel Network



Alexandria

Hola,
I went to Alexandria last Friday, but I haven’t had the chance to post anything about it. I’m now in Luxor now, after visiting Aswan and Abu Simbel, almost 1500 Km away and many many hours in a train, but anyway 🙂

Alexandria, was the favourite city of Alexander the Great and was the cultural capital of the world for many many hundreds of years. My first impression: awful!!

Everything happens for a reason and my reason was this:
I arrived at 21:00, I had no place to stay and no clue about any hostel or hotel. I started walking thru the market at rush hour, thousands of peoples, trams, cars and donkeys, all of them pushing me and my 18 Kg. bag. A bit stressful belive me. So what did I do? I found an Internet cafe to look for accomodation, and what did I find? Only one hotel was available and it was 60 $ US!! WHAT no way!! So forget the internet and I started walking and asking and walking and asking, until I found a good/cheap place to stay.

The next morning was totally different, I strolled around Alexandria, and I fell in love with it. It’s so beautiful!! I went to some museums and walked along the sea shore. There I found a fisherman, who was probably the nicest man in Alexandria, and he couldn’t speak english!! Then is when you understand, that sometimes words are useless and that a smile and some gestures can say more than all the words in the world. I spend two hours with him, he invited me to eat and I watched the sunset.

IMG_4083.jpg

IMG_4088.jpg

IMG_4096.jpg

IMG_4143.jpg

I also met 6 guys, they were all 18, and without reason, we started to talk. Then they invited me to the aquarium, and to drink some juice. I tried to pay everytime, but it was impossible, they would say: “No Simon, you are our guest.” Egiptian people are so open and friendly you can not belive it.

I visited the Alexandria Biblioteque, the largest library in the world, where I met Julian, a Colombian guy who was working in South Africa, and studies architecture in my university! The world is so small sometime…

IMG_4280.jpg

IMG_4286.jpg

So anyway I had a wonderful time, and Alexandria is probably my favourite city in Egypt, I think I agree with Alexander 🙂

Cheers

SAI



Tags: , , ,

-1 responses to “Alexandria”

  1. Jiannis says:

    Ola Simon,
    ier ist Jiannis aus Berlin, ich bin seit einem Monat hier und lese oft dein Blog, hoffe alles besten bei dir mein Freund…
    Mach’s gut malaka…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *