BootsnAll Travel Network



Adios Nepal, Dhanyabad

I left Nepal, but a piece of my heart will always be there. It sounds kitsch but that the truth, it’s just such a lovely country that gave 2 full month of good memories, I hope I can go there again sometime…

My last stop in Nepal was Chitwan National park. It’s on the south of the country near to India and it’s home of 350 one horn rhinos, 150 bengal tigers, hundreds of deer and many many monkeys among other animals. It was a lovely place. The village where you stay is so small and so laid back that it’s very hard to leave, specially with that beautiful river, where see an amazing sunset on the jungle while you are sitting on a wooden armchair enjoying a nice meal and beer :).

IMG_0415.jpg

I had very little time so I tried to enjoy it at the most, with an elephant safari thru the jungle and a 3 day jungle hike. On the first one we had the luck of seeing 2 female rhinos with two little cuttie baby rhinos!! Of course the mamas weren’t very pleased, but they can’t really do anything when you are riding a 3 meter elepahnt, can they?

IMG_0507.jpg

IMG_0523.jpg

IMG_0555.jpg

IMG_0605.jpg

IMG_0694.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

The jungle walk was also very good ’cause you had the chance to enjoy the jungle for yourself in total silence. I was not alone, two guides (you need to hire them in order to enter and they tell you so much about the park, and can safe your life when facing a rhino) were coming along, and a german girl, Frauke, who was the perfect company with her love for nature and good energy :).
I was praying so we would find a tiger, but unfortunately we didn’t. They are just too smart… We did see some rhinos from very close, one just appeared on our way and we had to climb a pile of soil to hide. Also deer and monkeys that are always nice. We were staying in the villages beside the park and there we met very nice loving and simple people.

Then it was time to leave Nepal, my visa was expiring like in one day, and I headed to India on a horrible bus trip.

My first stop in India was Varanasi, but you’ll have to wait a day or two to read about this fantastic and mistic city.

I’m moving very quickly around India, so far I’ve been in two cities more, and tonight I’m going to Rajastan where I’ll spend the rest of my time in this country.

I have to get ready to get my train so you just enjoy from the pics,

SAI =)

IMG_0705.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg

IMG_0792.jpg

The river is the natural boarder from the park and you cross it in this wooden boats

IMG_0805.jpg

IMG_0823.jpg

Observation tower

IMG_0455.jpg

IMG_1036.jpg

Fraukita with our guide’s daughter

IMG_1025.jpg



Tags: , , ,

One response to “Adios Nepal, Dhanyabad”

  1. Aoife Maeve says:

    Simon, nobody has left a comment on this entry and i thought it was 100% necessary that someone told you what a great job you are doing keeping us all informed about your adventures. And as always the pictures are fantastic. well done love!

  2. David says:

    And Hallo Aoife, by the way 🙂

    David, immer noch in Mainz

  3. Silvia Uribe says:

    Hola Simon,nrAoife tiene toda la razon, disfrutamos caa momento de tu viaje sin comentarte nada, pero la verdad nos sentimos muy orgullosos de ti, de esa experiencia tan expectalurar que quieres disfrutar y ademas aprendiendo del mundo al lado tuyo.nrUn besotenrSilvia y Antonio Jose y tu abuela que vive al tantonr

  4. admin says:

    Gracias. It is nice to know you are all enjoying this blog and that you are travelling with me. Thanks to everyone that contributes with this blog and this expirience, you are all making this posible.
    Todo mi amor
    simon =)

  5. Pipo says:

    definitivamente, hay que afeitarse… jejeje
    gracias por la llamada de Cumpleaños.
    Un Abrazo

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *