BootsnAll Travel Network



Sick in the Gatornation?

Yes strange as it may seem, getting a flu is not only relegated to foreign third-world countries, it also happens right in your backyard, in the non-polluted, self-touted, tree city of Gainesville, Florida.

Well, it’s been one week since I felt my sore throat. And a week later, I’m feeling a little better. It’s been a week of sore throat, to coughing, to the flu. I felt like my body needed a cleanse and was tired of waiting around for the master behind the curtain do something about it. (I’ve been talking about doing a detox for three years now? Wow, now there’s something to really look at, what have I been doing and why haven’t I been doing it?)

I thought it might have something to do with the dandelion root I started taking a couple of weeks back at full strength of three capsules three times a day. For those of you who do not know, (as I didn’t really know what it did) it’s a diuretic, a mild laxative, a cleanser. Well, cleansing I thought, but mild laxative at full strength, I soon found out.

I had taken dandelion root before because my friend told me it was great way to shed a couple of pounds and to keep it off, so I just took it, and she ‘intuited’ only 2 pills 3x a day. Well that was back in January.

I’ve been going to the gym on an inconsistent basis, roughly, twice a week, doing weight circuit training and cardio. So my weight has stayed the same, but has not reduced. Plus my voracious eating habits have changed once again upon living with my parents.

So with that in the background, along with some major life changes, realizations, growths, what have you, I am here, a week later, still emptying out whatever my body needs to, and I hope that by taking Advil for my fever’s is helping and not hindering what ever needs to come out, purified and returned to a better state of homeostasis.

It just came out of no where and to have these symptoms and not be able to do take care of it the old fashioned way, you know with bio-energy, energy work, Reiki, you know the usual, they just pushed through quietly, and I never imagined having fevers and feeling weak. Last week I had my period which made me lazy and not want to give myself any energy work. I thought I could just deal with it later in the day or the next day. When I would work on it, I felt restless and the energy would start drawing it out of my throat where it would become agitated and scratchy and I would start coughing so I would stop and plus, I would feel more drained.

So it all just crumbled on top of each other, that other being moi, yours truly. And I’m still sniffling phlegm, with a slight head rush of sinus pain upon standing after being seated. But other than that….I’ll live through it, and come out shiny and new. Inside out.

But if anyone wants to send some positive healthy thoughts my way to wish me well, I’d appreciate that too!



Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *