BootsnAll Travel Network



My Baggage.

So, I just this new purse as a gift from an old friend of mine in L.A. It’s a little cute bag .

My friend and I decided to go to Borders on Vine and Sunset in Hollywood, and as were walking out of the parking garage, completely enarmored with new new, chic and total knock-off (btw) of a Coach handbag, I wanted to show it off, in all of it’s sleek, HOT, browness (the purse is brown and gold, with chrome accents, yeah, it’s hot).

And I announced to my friend that it was too bad that you couldn’t carry these types of short handbags in your hand that you have to put it on your shoulder where your arm gets in the way of how magnificent the bag is. And I asked her if she ever carried her purses like that and she said no, but that it was okay to carry it by the strap by your side.

And I said, “oh no.”

“Because if you carry it like that it’ll get stolen.” I mean, I’ve never seen anyone except for little girls on Easter carrying their little purses by the strap in their hands, just swinging as they walk.

You have to carry it tucked under your arm.

Like we all do.

And in her famous way she says, CANCEL CANCEL CANCEL. Don’t say that, she scolded! She’s like, “you shouldn’t have said that, you have to watch what you say,”

And I was like okay, KHAAAAAAAAAAAD! Sorry I said it but it’s true, and she’s like stop saying that. And I’m like, KHAAAAAAAAD, shit, I’m sorry I take it back. (Because she made me take it back.)

So we go into Borders walk around, and eventually go into the café and have some tea.

I put my new, cute bag on the back of the chair.

So we are talking, and talking and laughing and laughing and I notice this guy, who looks shady coming down the aisle toward me. I’m talking and talking, I don’t remember what I was talking about , but I just kept talking and noticing this man who looks homeless, though he’s not to skid-row, but he obviously, and folks, this is Hollywood we are talking about here, but he didn’t look like he shopped at borders or shopped at all.

As he walks toward me, I note him and make sure that the purse is still behind me on the chair which it is. So, he passes me and turns the corner which is right where I’m sitting.

And I’m still talking to my friend, and without batting and eye, I just take the purse off the back of the chair and hold it in my lap. And blah, blah, blah.

Then my friend stops after a few moments, and asks me, “Wait, did you know to move your purse?” And I said, “No I just did.”

“Because that guy was totally aiming for your purse and when you took it off the chair suddenly it shocked and confused him, because he was pretending to be casually walking by, so he walked off. “

And I turned around and the guy was gone, oh shit!

She asked me if I knew if he was there and if I got a vibe that he was going to steal it. And I said no, I didn’t get a vibe that he was going to steal it.

I told her that I saw him coming in and just noticed him and did this quick scan, which I normally, NEVER do. I made a judgment: he just looked like someone that wouldn’t come into a bookstore of all places, he looked like a cleaned-up homeless guy and just looked out of place to me, so I just checked to make sure my bag was there. And then I just decided that I shouldn’t have my bag on the back of the chair anymore and moved it.

She said so proudly that I must’ve picked up on his vibes because I moved it just as he stopped behind me at an arm’s length of a distance.

And I didn’t get this vibe from him that he was going to steal my purse and that is was in danger, like I said, I just got a hit, to notice him which I did. I mean, I’ve gotten strong vibes about other things that clearly said, GET OUT OF THE WAY, or turn left, or DON’T TRUST HER! Whatever.

This was so subtle, I can’t explain it, it was just a thing, maybe he was projecting a soft intention in his head, and I heard it and responded. I’m just saying this vibe wasn’t strong in which I felt in danger or something bad was going to happen or that anything would be stolen. It was just a moment’s worth of observation and I just listened and it wasn’t even like being told, it was a “knowing.”

Because there is a difference with a vibe that says “oh yeah, he’s going to steal your purse if you don’t move it” to “dude doesn’t look right in here, and your purse is on the back of your chair.”

I don’t know if I’m explaining it right because it was so matter-of-fact that maybe I’m so used to my intuition, so used to hearing it and listening and following it, that my intuition wasn’t telling me what to do, it, me, I just knew what to do, and that was that.

So, we are oh-my-god-in it for like 15-20 minutes and I’m just as surprised as she was that I just moved it like that, just as we was about to take it.

We get up and walk around, and I’m holding it in my hand and then on my shoulder as we look through some books when I notice this big, fat guy walking from one side of me to another, and just acting like he was looking at something. I just figured it was another guy checking me out, whatever, pay no mind. And as he turns to walk away from us, she says to me, “Oh my god, he was going to steal your purse, too!” And I look and he walks out of the bookstore.

And I’m like, GAAAAAAAAAWD, I’m sorry for every saying that my purse would get stolen, I’ll never say it again. I couldn’t believe it. I mean, either it’s a hot purse, which it is, and looks really expensive, which it wasn’t HAH! OR, I made the wrong proclamation earlier in the night and was being taught a very valuable lesson, never talk about getting your purse stolen.

Or, never talk about something that isn’t’ going to benefit me and make a proclamation. So I decided to make another proclamation, I’ll be there will be a million US dollars in my bank account.

It’s really interesting since I’ve changed so much, and had a significant transformation about a month ago before I left for L.A., the vibes I get are strong, and I do just follow my intuition so automatically I don’t even blink an eye, it’s so much more natural than ever before. I can’t believe how fortunate I am to remember who I truly am…and to be here, now, I’m very grateful.



Tags: ,

One response to “My Baggage.”

  1. Anonymous says:

    hey miss Sharmie…I’m at work and its the last day of the year!!!! yeah…..how’s Tally?
    Happy New Year Sis
    luv T-Nice

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *