BootsnAll Travel Network



Inspiration…

Sometimes, watching TV has it rewards. Not that I don’t love the wry comedy of The Office, or the raunchy/edgy comedy of The Family Guy, but some tv shows, have moments of inspiration where I would least expect it. I sometimes get hooked on watching Dancing with the Stars, because it’s fun to watch them dance, and I learn a few tips about different types of ballroom dancing and being more nimble and flexible when dancing with men (Latin and ballroom dancing I rarely do and it’s hard for me to follow when my natural tendency is to lead)…

When I heard that award-winning actress Marlee Matlin was going to be on the show, I thought, wow, will she be able to pull it off? And she does. She just swept the floor with her partner…feeling the music, swaying, it’s truly inspirational, if you didn’t know who she was, you’d never know that she can’t hear the beats. It lives in her. It’s truly amazing to watch her, and the inspiration of going beyond personal, societal and medical limitations–it proves to me the limitless possibilities of the human condition, connected to the divine, motivating her to just go for it.

I salute her for grace, love, beauty and strength…and her agile dancing abilities. Makes me want to shake it…I need to go dancing….!!!



Tags: , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *