BootsnAll Travel Network



Curfew, part deux

Our neighbor came over to borrow some movies since we all are forced to remain off the streets for the whole damn day. http://www.nepalnews.com.np/archive/2006/apr/apr08/news01.php

It’s after 10:45 a.m. and there are still people hanging around outside, so I guess it’s not a shoot-on-site kind of curfew. I’m a little confused. I went across the way to buy some chocolate candy bars before 10 o’clock and there are a lot of people out and acting cool, not too much in a hurry to go home before the curfew starts.

Its day three of the four day bandh (mandatory shut-down). The monarchist government called the curfew so that the SPA, could not have their protest to foil any Maoist infiltration of the capital city, that went after the cat, that chased the mouse that went into the house that Ram built, (hey, I had to adapt to the appropriate culture).

Unfortunately, I’ve seen most of the movies that are in my Uncle’s collection. He brought some new one’s that didn’t interest me, but I guess Sarina (my cousin) and I are resigned to watching London, Oliver Twist (the one directed by Roman Polanski) and Syriana, which I had wanted to see.

So, as I am still writing, there are neighbors, sitting on the street waiting to be shot, or something to happen. I don’t know what’s going on, do you think I could go and get my salmon and eggs????

Now they’ve gone inside, and I hear this woman looking for one of her neighbors. I think that the restaurant, 1905 Kantipath, might not be open, or they are stuck there, in which case I could go there and see if it’s open. The only thing good they can do and is reasonably priced for that restaurant is breakfast and an okay lunch. It’s the only place near Thamel where I can get a bagel salmon, but it’s not a bagel, it’s served on French bread. But the eggs and salmon, yum, I will have to find out where I can buy smoked salmon.

See, this is what happens, you start thinking about food you can’t have because you are forced to stay in doors.

I have already played ball with Jasmine, who covets that green tennis ball like it’s her organ or something. Then I will work on the brochure for the new student massage clinic we will open in a month or so. Then, my Uncle Bijaya, a political activist and humanitarian, wanted me to play around with a particular photo that came in the Nepali-language newspaper, and super-impose certain figure heads.

Sure, I’ve got all day. I do need to finish the books I’ve been reading as well. Oh yeah, I haven’t worked out yet, because you have to do that when you are sitting on your arse all day.

And I will think of something else to make besides curry, which is good, but I need something a little different. I should’ve bought more stuff to grill, that’s what I’ll do tomorrow, if there is another bandh, which is planned but one never knows.

I’ll make fajitas for dinner. Either tomorrow or today depending on what vegetables we have. So I have a very full day and tomorrow ahead of me. Plus, I will play the easy Spider Solitaire, which kept me up for 2 hours last night, playing game after game. I can only pay the easy level, because I can’t win the medium, two-suit game yet. I guess I could practice that for a couple of hours as well today.



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *