BootsnAll Travel Network



Milan and Venice, Italy

For the first time in a week, I finally have a keyboard that I’m accustomed to using. Those French are always trying to be different… Anyway, to get everyone caught up, Shelly and I have spent the past few days traveling from Nice, France through Milan and now we’re in Venice waiting for our friends Tim and Sondra to arrive.

Milan was definitely Shelly’s favorite city thus far on the trip. Milan doesn’t have many sites, but what it lacks in attractions, it makes up for in shopping. We spent yesterday afternoon and evening walking around the “golden square” (or something like that) which is the area of town home to the top Italian fashion designers. The “square” is made up of unassuming alleyways and it’s hard to recognize from the main city streets. However, once we found the right area, Shelly was in heaven. Her WPM (words per minute) doubled and speech pattern became erratic, but she made it out in one piece. Shelly is now the proud parent of black leather Prada boots. She also needed a pair of black leather, cashmere lined gloves to “complete the look”. Anyway, I now get to carry said boots around Europe for a week. I guess it’s a small price to pay in the name of fashion. After our evening of shopping, we ate dinner at a local Indian restaurant to change the taste palate a little. We’ve had a steady diet of carbohydrates, ham, and cheese for the past week and needed something that tasted different.

This morning, we caught the train to Venice and arrived about 3:30 p.m. The place we reserved is perfect and it’s a welcome change to our lodgings the past few days. It’s an amazing Venetian styled room with wood beams running along the ceiling. Below is a picture of Shelly modeling our new digs…

IMG_0770.jpg

After settling in, we went to the Rialto Bridge for a sunset photo and then ate a snack at a nearby restaurant.

IMG_0776.jpg

IMG_0784.jpg

The weather is a little chilly but the town is gearing up for the start of Carnival, which begins tonight. It’s the biggest festival of the year in Venice so I’m sure there will be many stories to tell… Ciao!



Tags:

4 responses to “Milan and Venice, Italy”

  1. Nathan & Kristin says:

    Nate and Shelly,

    I just wanted to let you know that I check your blog 3 times a day. I am glad that you are having a great time and I am excited for your return so we can hear all about it. Make sure you keep taking lots of pictures.

    Nathan (Your Bro!)

  2. Tina says:

    Did you buy an extra pair of Prada boots for me? I need something fashionable to wear on my daily trip to QFC.
    Have fun at the festival!

  3. Heather Post says:

    I am with Tina, those boots would look great at the local Thirtway! 🙂 Excited to hear more!
    xoxo Posty

  4. Nikki Hedlund says:

    Wow! That pig picture is a little much for this vegetarian. Good thing I wasn’t there. I might have called my international PETA peeps.

    Thanks again for the great time in Argentina. Ohh…I asked Chris about some of the things we saw down there (like all the make out sessions and no to go bags) and he explained it all so I’ll have to share with you at some point.

    Our pictures turned out great so I’ll get you a cd when you get home. Be safe and enjoy!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *