BootsnAll Travel Network



Lima, Peru

IMG_0282.jpg

We arrived safely at our 1st destination (Lima, Peru) and have been very pleasantly surprised so far. Our hotel is quaint, the staff is friendly and the accomodations are huge! We are staying in a 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom suite at the La Paz Apart Hotel for $85/night including taxes, fees, and breakfast. We would highly recommend this to any other travelers. After checking out our hotel, we set out on foot to explore the Miraflores neighborhood nearby. It is a really great place to be—-clean, cosmopolitan, and right on the ocean. We had lunch at Pardo’s inside Larcomar, an amazing shopping center built into the side of the ocean-facing cliffs on the Pacific. If you are ever in Lima, Larcomar is the place to be. Lunch at Pardo’s was outstanding—possibly some of the best chicken we’ve ever had. One of the best things about being down here are the great deals. Lunch for 2 including beers was about $15 including tax & tip. Not bad. But, alas….not all of the South American charm has been left untouched: we’ve already had our first Starbucks.

IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

Stay tuned for more updates from Peru. Cuzco is next on the horizon.



Tags: ,

7 responses to “Lima, Peru”

  1. Mama C says:

    Glad to hear you made it safely to your first stop. Will anxiously await your next entry. Love Mom

  2. Tri says:

    Kurtzes – good for you guys. You must have the local drink of choice, the pisco sour. Cuzco is great, high up – make sure you drink their mate tea (made from cocoa leaves like cocaine). SBUX does not carry that. Looking forward to a Macchu Picchu picture. Take a panoramic picture for me from the stop of the Sun Temple entrance there.
    t

  3. Brynne+Chuck says:

    Yahoo!!! You made it and sound like you’re already having a wonderful time! Don’t forget to post pics here and there. We already miss you guys 🙂
    B&C

  4. Shelly Hansen says:

    Hey you two!!

    I’m very curious to see if your outfits in the photos are all from your wee backpacks ;o) Are you able to use the REI undies? Paul is watching the Seahawks…apparently half way thru the game….Just cleaned out the hamster cage with Josie ~ our weekly ritual.

    Blessings!! SH

  5. Erik Hansen says:

    Hi Uncle Nate & Aunt Shelly!

    Thanks for the TWS mag subscription.
    It’s my favorite snowboarding mag.
    Are you going to ski/snowboard at all
    during your trip?

    -Erik

  6. Nathan & Kristin says:

    You made it! Can’t wait to see all your updates! We are thinking about you everyday. Lots of love and can’t wait to see you!

  7. Craig, Bridget and the boys says:

    Hi Nate and Shelly, We are amazed about this fun and exciting adventure you are on for 3 months. How awesome! We visit ths site a few times a week to see your updates.
    Blessings to you and be safe,
    Craig, Bridget and the boys 🙂

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *