BootsnAll Travel Network



Toledo At Last!

We have finally made it back to Alex and my “hometown” so to speak…and it´s great. Everything just as I remember, just a little extra construction here and there. We made it in yesterday late afternoon after lots of bus rides from the north of spain. After finding our hostel, we headed straight for Bar La Boveda, one of my favorite places when I used to study here. It´s a little family owned hole in the wall, but has the best sangria and hamburgers in all of spain, as far as I´m concerned.

After a healthy amount of wonderful sangria on the patio, we wandered all over to work off our meal. The weather here is beautiful, it´s great just to enjoy the sun and some warmth. After losing some calories, we went up to the fundacíon, where Alex and I used to study. It´s same as always, although there is a fancy new computer lab on the top floor. We managed to catch the sunset from the top tower, which made for some wonderful photos. Then we headed to Enebros, for my all time Toledo favorite, free tapas with every $1.30 drink purchase. A great way to finish off the night.

Today we took the Zocotren, a cheezy tourist train, but a great way to see all of the city. We also explored the cathedral, one of the most beautiful in all of europe. Lots of stain glass and incredible architechture. After a nice siesta, we also managed to hike the bluffs around the city and get a beautiful view of all of Toledo.

Oh! And before I forget, our time in Cangas finished up well also. Canyoning was awesome, I think it was even a longer course then what I did in switzerland. Lots of rappelling, jumping into pools, sliding down waterfalls, and climbing through the rocks and streams. Alex had the best time of all cannonballing from the highest jump. We all looked extremely good in our head to toe wetsuits as well. 😉

Emily and I will be parting ways after this for a bit, as she heads with her mom on a tour of budpest, croatia, and other parts of eastern europe. Alex and I are off to Prague on the 30th, and will reunite with em in mid may in vienna.  



Tags:

2 responses to “Toledo At Last!”

  1. Erin says:

    Woo hoo!! Sounds like you’ve been having tons of fun! I love reading about your adventures – looking forward to more pictures soon!

  2. Download Singing You Through Ringtone…

    Hear the ringtone of the popular song: Download Singing You Through …

  3. Jennifer

    Did you consider any other viewpoints before you wrote this??

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *