BootsnAll Travel Network



Private Dance

By Laura
As we made our way to the hotel lobby for quater past seven, we were greated by a Thai lady; “just two” she said excitedly. Just two? We were hopeful for what this meant and when we boarded the boat our surprise was confirmed, it would just be ourselves and ten crew waiting on us.

The boats amazing decore lit up under the white fairy lights surrounding the deck, A perfect setting!

The reflection of the river created a magical atmosphere as glittering Wats reflected like pretty stars in the night sky. Unfortunately the camera couldn’t pick up the images due to the darkness, but these images will remain as memories forever.

Platter by platter the food was carried out and we prepared ourselves for a fine feast, with many new Thai delights. During our first course, we were introduced into the most romantic setting as a Thai lady gently played subtle music on an instrument we had never seen before; it’s a bit like a harp on it’s side.
The second course was of the finest, with rich foods and plentiful portions, though little did we expect to be entertained with our very own private Thai dancer, Twice! Her soft and gentle poise entreged us as we watched her fingers bend so far backwards it complimented their desire to make this a very special night.

The evening came to a sweet end as we were given Look Chub (Thai desert}, a sweet paste within a cherry like shell. Certainly for the sweet tooths, a little too much for us.

As I lay in bed that evening, I thought of the magical day we had shared together, and thought to myself…..so dreams really can come true!

A NOTE ON THE LACK OF PICTURES: We couldn’t find anywhere that would reconise my iPod today so we had to update the blog without the joy of photos. A shame but it was that or no update at all. We’ll do our best to get pictures on here soon so stay tuned.



Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *