BootsnAll Travel Network



A Town Of Sweet & Sour

Laura says:China Town, where can I start. As we arrived with rucksacks on back and disorientated with blistering humidity, we made our way through the market stalls and hundreds of people. The smell of sewers was over powering and the amount of homeless people astonishing. It was here we come to realise that Thailand has no support for the handycaped, as limbless people made there way through the streets. A man with no legs using a wooden instrument on the floor to manoevour his way around was quite distressing.

Here, market stalls are bunched together, and many people sitting at the side of the road eating their lunch. I was a little upset to see a bird in a tiny cage hanging from a post, as traffic smog invaded the air. The food stalls looked very unhygenic and cooked pigs faces were definately not an encouragement for lunch.

Once arriving at our hotel, it was extremely comforting to receive air-con, nice looking restaurants and greated into a spacious room with TV, two bathrooms and a huge comfy bed. I was going to enjoy China Town!

That evening after wandering through the streets lit with neon lights and crowded with hungry people, we decided to head back to the hotel for dinner. Here we ate in a restaurant with not a sole about, and what seemed to be a party of cheering people in the opposite room. Did we smell?! However, the food was delightful, if not a little expensive, and the waitresses lovely.

On the 25th floor was a roof top pool over looking the entire city. Here, China Town seemed so tranquil, we were a long way up. On our last night at the hotel, despite torencial rain, we decided nothing would keep us from the pool. We jumped into the chilly water and headed for the views at the ledge, absolutely astonishing and another romantic encounter. It was time to head for the showers when the thunder started, certainly not going to hang around for the lightening, we were a long way up and being in water with surrounding metal poles was not a thought that put us at ease.

China Town was certainly a MUST to see and experience. However, it would have been a difficult few days had it not been for the hotel to escape to. Thanks again parents, we truely were grateful.



Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *