BootsnAll Travel Network



One Of Those Brief Updates. This One’s From Laos.

We’ve been incredibly lazy over the last four days and spent a lot of time doing very little with a huge success rate. However the nothingness was broken up a little with eating times and our proud accomplishment of arranging our visas for India today, which means we don’t have to hang around Chiang Mai for longer than we want to. This means we now aim to be in India by the end of November, giving us five to six weeks to explore the exceedingly large country.

Just the other day we got the fantastic and exciting news that my dad and little sister will be joining our adventures for ten days over the Christmas period. They fly into Mumbai, India, and then we’ll head to somewhere more tranquil where we can enjoy a very out of the ordinary Christmas! Really looking forward to that.

Vientiane has given us a warm welcome that’s put us in a good mood for exploring Laos. Apart from the weather warming up to a blistering forty plus degrees and humidity slowing us down at a sweaty seventy percent the people of Laos are noticeably more relaxed than their neighbours. Tuk-tuk drivers ask once (not consistantly until you find refuge in the nearest cafe like Vietnam, for example) if you need a lift and usually with a carefree -can if you want but not bothered if you don’t- attitude and we can walk down the street and not be hassled by any number of restaurant staff trying to usher us in or vender’s hitting us on the arm so we’ll buy a banana from them.

Tomorrow we take a bus to Vang-Vein (think that’s how you spell it) where we can do anything from climbing to tubing (which apparently involves sitting on an inflatable tube for a couple of hours whilst you float down a river. Sounds far too relaxing to be true).

We have a story still to tell about our trip to Laos (isn’t there always) but that will have to wait.

I hope your all well. All our love,

Rupert and Laura x



Tags: ,

4 responses to “One Of Those Brief Updates. This One’s From Laos.”

  1. V says:

    Vang Vien, well I am sure you will love it – hope the weather is good for the river tube drift and watch out for the happy shakes and pizza! Caving – have fun. Stay for a week! Wisg I was with ya!

    We are all at Jo and Nicks after a night out! Yeh Nick and Tew played at a new club Casablanca (used to be the PowerHouse). Good venue but no people there-shame. Beats scummy Castros!

    Miss you but I am being told off for being anti-social – even though I’ve tried to explain that I am actually being social by tALKING TO YOU! i’VE JUST been issued with an ASBO for this behaviour! PS: Jo and Nick say cheers for their postcard! xxxxxx

  2. Rupert says:

    We loved Vang Vieng so much we’re back! Well okay that’s not the main reason we’re back here but it’s certainly no chore to spend another day and a half here before we hit the class four rapids on a two-day white water rafting trip back to Vientaine.

    Thanks for the post V, and thank you for the update from back home! we don’t hear much from anyone else!!! Life must be busy in Bristoland 😉

    Missing you all back home x

  3. admin says:

    S’Momkey here just to say hello, update on social life here in ariege, well saw Robert Plant lastnight ‘who,s he? ‘ you say, tonight dinner with Barnaby tomorrow dinner with Sunshines half sister half sister, day after concert with Coldplay, ha, see Ariege is kicking, love Momkey

  4. Rupert says:

    Wow, it’s happening in the lazy lane of Ariege! We’ve been meeting quite a few French in Laos, I think they like the slow pace here – reminds them of home.

  5. bloody hell says:

    I loved loas it was by far my highlight of the entire trip!!!!!! Vang Vien and Lang Probang or something like that, bought a carrier bag full of weed the first night i got there so i was bound to love the place xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  6. bloody hell says:

    i miss you and sorry for my crappness at e mailing i totally lost your web stuff and had to get jen to e mail to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BOO HISS BUM RUBBISH BIRD xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  7. bloody hell says:

    ps you are a total dick head rupert of course you are meeting loads of french people in loas, have you not noticed their passion for cheese and bloody road signs in frenc, they colanised it many moons ago

    Oh you silly boy xxxxx

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *