BootsnAll Travel Network



Laura talks about: Rupert

Rupert In Wales

My Best Friend.

Rupert has always been there to hold my hand. No matter what is going on in my life, whether it has been good or bad he has always been there standing by my side to support and encourage me. As well as being utterly random at times, and a jolly good laugh to be with, he is a fantastic climber, loves his motorbikes, and is a talented musician. His pure determination always amazes me and his ability to try so hard. He is always willing to lend a helping hand, and has some really valued friendships. Rupert has some fantastic ambitions – base jumping being one of them, and I truly admire his beliefs and manner in which he battles life’s problems and challenges. If I had to learn one thing from Rupert it would be his “laid-back” policy. He truly accepts that life is given to us without us asking, and as long as we thrive to do our best, and to face our challenges, worries are an unimportant factor. I love this, me being a worrier of course!

On the rare occasion we have been known to drive each other round the bend (though I think we have come to the agreement that the passenger does not beep the horn!). Our general niggles usually consist of tiding his room, which knife to use when chopping vegetables (though we are getting better at that, well, I am using the right knife!) His ability to notice every time without fail my choice of vocabulary (“ideal”, no, I mean “idea”), asking me where he has put things (back to the tidying issue!), and his constant ability to faff! Though I must admit I kind of like these in a quirky sort of way! My one request would be for him to not filter out my voice and use his delayed mechanism he has to answer, it drives me doo-dally! I am told that it’s because I talk when he is busy, but then I guess that is the difference between men and women – women multi-task!

In less than 3-months time we will be off discovering SEA and Australia, I truly hope that we find everything we are looking for, alone and together, and the changes can be embraced. I have no doubt that we are both anxious as to how our relationship will handle such challenges but I believe that together with love and determination, we will be just fine!

Let the adventures come forth….



Tags:

4 responses to “Laura talks about: Rupert”

  1. Philip says:

    That’s lovely Laura it’s Rupert to a tea.

    Hope it all goes well, see you on the 27th.

  2. Nathan says:

    I still think he is a monkey…….

  3. admin says:

    I’d like to think of that as a complement Nathan.

  4. Laura says:

    Thanks Phil, looking forward to seeing you at the party! 😮

  5. Nathan says:

    Of course it’s a compliment :0) Couldn’t say anything bad about you for christsakes you gave me a computer. Ok then, one insult, you look like a convict now you’ve shaved your head……. Not a bad convict,someone who has done some bird for not paying council tax. That’s it, you’re a rebel Rupert, one man and his crusade against the oppresive governement and their damn taxes.

    Nathan, stop now, before you hurt someone or more importantly yourself………. Bloody voices……..

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *