BootsnAll Travel Network



Pai – Day 18

Slept in this morning and woke up when Brendan came knocking on the door. We all went out for breakfast to a great coffee shop named the witching well which is owned and run by an American guy and has amazing coffee and cakes.

Dee and I told Brendan about the cinema and since we had nothing better to do and none of us had the energy to go and hike to the waterfall we decided to spend the afternoon watching movies, the weather was pretty crappy anyway, it had been threatening to rain all day. The cinemas were supposed to open at 1:00, but of course, this being Thailand and all, they didn’t. We sat outside on the veranda and played cards and talked. At 3:00 we went and got lunch and upon returning at 4:00 they were finally open.

The manager recommended we watch ‘Pay it Foward’ which turned out to be a great movie, if slightly depressing at the end. I cried during the ending and Dee found that hilarious. For dinner we bought some ‘roti’ pancakes from a street vendor. He was great to watch making the pancakes; he had it down to a fine art. I seem to be eating so much food in Pai, its ridiculous.

Went to bed quite early because the others were exhausted. I finished my book today so ill take it back and swap it tomorrow.



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *