BootsnAll Travel Network



Pai – Day 16

When we woke up this morning Dee was sick and had to head back to bed after breakfast. I spent a few hours walking around ton window shopping and looking at postcards etc. I bought a new book, “Harvest” from a very cool used bookstore and spend most of the afternoon drinking coconut shakes and reading. There are some really cute clothes in this town and I wanted to buy something, but what I really need is arm clothing for Vietnam because dad keeps emailing me telling me how the high was only 10* for the day, so the last thing I need are more pretty singlet tops.

Antony and Zoe took off today. I was a bit disappointed that I didn’t get to say goodbye, I’m going to miss them, they were a lot of fun. They sent me a message explaining that someone down south had been in touch and let them know that the weather there, whilst still shitty, was expected to improve. I think they were really running out of things to do in Pai.

I went back this afternoon to check on Dee who has been vomiting on an hourly basis for the entire day, its really becoming her party trick, she cant even keep down water. I’d say its probably something she’s caught from the stray dogs. She adopted one of them and named it ‘Tonto’ and buys him food and feeds him from her hand. It no wonder she’s sick. Although she’s in denial and maintains its from the elephants.

Dee didn’t come out for dinner, she wasn’t up to it, so I went out with the 3 brits, Brendan and the NY guys. We had a great dinner at Pai corner again, their curries are amazing. Afterwards we went out drinking at Ting Tongs. It was actually a really good night, the first 2 rounds of drinks were Singapore Slings and the third was a round of Blue Mountain cocktails. Ting Tongs is a really cute outdoor bar and the guys who own it are a lot of fun, they’re extremely extroverted and get incredibly excited whenever you order more drinks. The NY boys picked up the bill, which was nice, but not completely unexpected ;-).

The 3 Brits, Brendan, the NY boys and Me at Ting Tongs



Tags:

One response to “Pai – Day 16”

  1. Jane Hampel says:

    Love this photo of you all!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *