BootsnAll Travel Network



The Brel Honeymoon

We are currently on our honeymoon.

Ok, so there wasn’t a wedding, and no, Mel still doesn’t have a ring, but we are living every couple’s dream honeymoon. We’re currently staying at Latitude 10 (www.latitude10.com), a luxury resort in Santa Teresa, on Costa Rica’s undeveloped Nicoya Peninsula.

Actually, this is more like an anti-resort. First off, we’re the only guests. We have a private French chef and staff of 12. Our master suite, 20 metres from the ocean, has no walls or windows – our giant shower is outdoors – and we pee with the monkeys (on Kohler fixtures, of course). Did we mention that a certain celebrity (think Lethal Weapon and The Passion of the Christ) stays here regularly? In our monster-sized bed?

If you’re still reading this, and haven’t yet removed our blog from your Favourites, we should probably also mention that Brendan is being paid to be here – and Mel is here to provide her expert opinion on the infinity pool and tropical sangria. And so, we’ve celebrated the marriage that has yet to happen, and lived the life Mel reads about on www.perezhilton.com.

Travel: 2, Vacation: 0.

Master Suite Brel Private Pool Brel Shower Tarzan Showering

Update: the article has now been published! Read the full magazine piece here.

 



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply