BootsnAll Travel Network



Getting our Sea Legs in Placencia

We are spending our last week in Belize in Placencia, a small village on the very end of a long, narrow peninsula with beaches on one side and mangroves on the other. Placencia’s claim to fame is having the narrowest street in the world – 3 feet wide – that strings together its various shops, restaurants and guest houses. There’s a fascinating ex-pat community here – not quite hippie, yet stoner-esque with a story to tell. The Belizeans continue to be a warm, welcoming bunch.

To prep ourselves for our upcoming sea voyage in Brazil, we spent a day on a catamaran, sailing and snorkelling among the coral and sea life. The rest of our days have mostly been spent hanging out at the beach – 16 miles long, and rumoured to be the best in Belize. We have been diligently working on our tans – Mel is aiming for deep bronze, and Brendan is, well, apparently satisfied with dark white.

We are counting down the days of sunshine, before our temporary return to Toronto from February 19th to March 1st. Your stories of snow and cold have not helped, but we’re nonetheless looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible.
Catamaranplacencia-136.jpgPirates…arrrghThe fearless starfish hunter



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply