BootsnAll Travel Network



Dominical Sunset

After all this silly luxury I thought it was time to get down with the peeps. You know, keep it real. Otherwise known as the local bus. (Chicken-free)

I assured Mel there was “hardly any” chance of having to stand on the public bus to Dominical. As long as we were there a little early it would be no problem.

At about 15 minutes waiting for our taxi things started to get a little tense. Arriving at the terminal at exactly the departure time to see a huge queue and a full luggage compartment I could feel Mel’s eyes burning into the back of my skull. Five minutes later, straddling our bags and crammed standing into the back of the sweaty, dust-choked bus, the burning had become a scorching inferno. Then the whining began.

The trip—2 ½ hours on unpaved roads—got much better tho, especially after a nice man gave Mel his seat. It was all worth it though, to discover Dominical.

Dominical was a surprise, small, cozy, community-oriented, a surf town without attitude, with enough cool restaurants and bars to keep you entertained but without ugly development to ruin things. Plus a stunning beach with killer surf. We instantly wanted to stay for a week.

Alas, it was not to be, as we had another date with luxury, but we had enough time there to party it up at the local disco (we do mean local), spot a crocodile for Mel in the river fronting our hotel, meet some great expats and vow to return to chill one day.



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply