BootsnAll Travel Network



She Seemed Shy

Bangkok, Thailand

I was sitting at the free breakfast at the Suk 11 hostel about a half an hour ago. A cute girl asked if the seat across from me was free (British accent). I motioned for her to sit. It seemed she was alone. She seemed shy. I caught her stealing glances at me, as I’m sure she did me. We did not speak another word. Opportunity lost.

I am wearing a Thai shirt that June’s sister gave me last year. June says the gay guys will like me in this shirt. I brought it with me because it is light (it’s hot here!). Maybe the girl at breakfast thought I was gay. But June also said it was not a gay shirt. Although on my way here a girl stopped me and asked me if I knew where there was a shoestore.

I’m moving to another hostel today, actually a guest house: Asha Guesthouse. I made reservations a few days ago, but they never replied, so I went there yesterday to check on it. I couldn’t find the place, and I walked forever looking. Finally I went into a travel agency to ask if they knew where it was. They didn’t, but then their motorcycle messenger came in and he knew where it was. He gave me a ride there on his bike. Very cool.

I think I will go to the huge weekend market today, it is very close to the Asha GH. I don’t even know what day it is any more. I just found out yesterday that it was the weekend. I still need to pick up a cheap pair of flip flops for the communal showers. the Asha GH has shared bathrooms and showers. I am gradually working my way to staying in dorms. My room at the Suk 11 was private.

At Suk 11 there is a door in my room that goes into the next room. I thought it was locked. Last night while I was sleeping at around 3:00am, I heard a loud sound (kind of like a door that was half locked being opened). I saw light, then dark, and the sound of a door closing. Probably someone came home drunk and though that was their bathroom, or said, “Hey I wonder where this door goes!” Kind of scary.

I still haven’t met anyone yet. June couldn’t bare being away from me so she called me at my hostel (there are no phones in the room either) the first night while I was exploring Bangkok. So I spent my second day on my own . . . with her. I stayed at her apartment that night too. So I paid for the Suk 11 that night, but never stayed there. But I think now I will be on my own more. Not to say anyhting bad about June, but I just need to do this alone. I think she understands now. The more I’m with her, the more comfortable I am. I don’t want to be comfortable, I want to feel like someone who has been dropped in the middle of the unknown.

I still haven’t taken any pictures, but my camera is being put to use. I use it as my clock.

I better go. Check out at Suk 11 is approaching.

Mark



Tags: , , , ,

One response to “She Seemed Shy”

  1. j.ion says:

    AWWW!!
    i love these story it’s so enjoy to read out.

    i really love when i found anyone make themself to know other one,what’s a lovely.
    I just wonder about your t-shirt what’s screen on it?why your friend said that it’d make a gay person liked you in it?

    I hope you had such a great time in thailand and in suk 11 as well.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *