BootsnAll Travel Network



A Lot Of Not So Good Pictures

Well, I think I must have confused a lot of people with my last post. And I am a bit humbled too, because I thought it would be well received, especially from those who have been there.

Oh well, here are some not so good pictures:

Breakfast at a hotel near June’s apartment in Bangkok. I didn’t stay there, we just had breakfast there one day. I submitted this picture to DPCallenge in the Knife Fork Spoon challenge. It didn’t do very well, but someone made it their favorite.

Stop calling me tomato nose!!

Behind the Phumin Hotel of my Touts And Scams and Speedboat To Sihanoukville posts. And, no, that is not the speedboat I took.

500 baht/night hotel and no hot water shower!

It’s not all glory, the life of a vagabonder.
I was naked when I took this picture

This is a spider. He’s large and scary.
He was right in the path in the woods around the crater lake in Ratanakiri. If you weren't paying attention you would run right into him

My view at breakfast from Jep’s on my first morning on the island of Koh Samet, Thailand

There was a topless woman on the beach in the near distance. I noticed her a little bit after I took this picture.

I got the special discount at this hotel in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Her name was Liu. At least that’s what she told me.
When in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, ask for Liu

King Rama the VIII bridge in Bangkok, Thailand at night.I submitted this picture to DPChallenge as well, but I accidentally cut off the light on top. I still got my 5th best score with it though

Typical gas station in Cambodia. This one is at the rest stop on the road to Rattanakiri. You often see just one or two of these barrels on the side of the road in front of someone’s snack stand. In Phnom Penh, you’ll see just one barrel on the corner with a lady minding it. You’ll also see people selling motor oil on the side of the road. The oil is in Coke, Pepsi, or 7-Up bottles.The first time I saw one of these, it was just one with the yellowish gas. It looks like beer, so that's what I thought it was.

Brian, from California, USA (white T-Shirt, hand in pocket); Megan, from South Africa (directly in front of Brian with small bag in hand), and Rick, from England (red shirt, hand on hip). I met these guys in Kratie, Cambodia. We road to Rattanakiri together in a Toyoto, Camry taxi. They were really cool people. They all teach English in Japan. The day before we went on a boat on the Mekong River to see the Irrawaddy dolphins, then to dinner. They were much needed company for me. I hope their trekking in Rattanakiri went well.Getting a snack. This is across the road from the picture of the 4 kids in my post Are American's Too Cautious

The next picture shows what is in this building.

Can you see what’s in there?

Here’s a closer look. This is from the Killing Fields near Phnom Penh, Cambodia. These are the actual skulls of those murdered by Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge.
You can see underneath these skulls are the clothes that were worn by the victims

Found this guy at the Killing Fields.
He was injured

Discovery Lodge in Bangkok, Thailand. This is where I was staying when I got sick and had to go to the hospital.

On the bed are the medicines the doctor gave me, I think

Robby Stienhardt and Kerry Livgren incognito at Santichaiprakarn Park in Bangkok, Thailand. (Only one person I know gets this, and you know who you are.)
This is the same park from my Flashbulbs Ready To Explode In A Cacophony Of Light post

When you get a warm shower over here, this is how it’s done. The water goes through this electronic heater on the wall. This is what’s in people’s homes too.
This one looks new. Usually it is a nasty looking, rusty one that you can't believe works

Bangkok, Thailand. I submitted this one to the Cheater Challenge on DPChallenge. I came in 46th out of 103 entries. I thought I’d do better, it was one of the very few actual pictures of someone cheating. I called it, One Way To Beat Traffic.
Most people scoring it on DPChallenge were distracted by the legs

Prisoners being taken away in the Paddy Wagon? No, just another form of transportation in Bangkok, Thailand. Squeeze as many people you can into this bus. It only cost like 3 baht (6 or 7 US cents) for a ride.
Is anyone putting their mouse over these pictures and reading these things?

Another picture from Koh Samet. Look how clear the water is.
Someone left the cake out in the rain. I don't think that I can take it, 'cause it took so long to bake it, and I'll never have that recipe again . . . OH NOOOO

Shot from the roof of the only mall I saw in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Can you see what’s going on in the picture? You can read the answer somewhere in this post.
Person on the top floor pulling up a basket of bread or something. Kid below is taking the bread. Someone on the ground filled the basket.

You see signs like this often in Cambodia, telling people if they do bad they will get arrested. Some of them show hands handing over weapons, and stuff like that.
On my way to somewhere

Number 6 is my favorite, what’s yours?
You Hong Guesthouse in Kratie, Cambodia

That’s the end of the pictures. I should have written more about my adventures in the remote areas of Cambodia, but I got lazy. Anyway, it was pretty cool, maybe I’ll write something about it later. Guess where I am now? I’m back in Bangkok, with June.



Tags: , , , , , ,

3 responses to “A Lot Of Not So Good Pictures”

  1. Stpehen Greene says:

    I knew those guys were touring – I might have to grab a ticket – fly on over and see them.

  2. admin says:

    He knew who he was.

  3. MaryBeth says:

    Hi Mark

    Hope you are enjoying yourself…whatever you are doing! The pictures actually are VERY good!

    Keep us posted.

    MB

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *