BootsnAll Travel Network



Three countries and a crazy guy

Aug 11, 2005

This morning, I changed my accomodations to the Corre Caminos hostel just down the road from Hosterìa los Helechos. Sean was headed back to BsAs this evening.

We decided to check out the Hito Tres Fronteras — where you can see Argentina, Brasil, and Paraguay which are separated by the river Paraná. We visited our friends at Agencia Noelia once again. A guy helped us out and told us we could walk to it. We also discovered that there is more to town! There is actually a town here. We had only explored the immediate area around the bus station.

The walk down to the Hito Tres Fronteras was a leisurly stroll. The landscape — red earth so characteristic of the Missiones region that we had seen thus far. The Hito Tres Fronteras was tranquil. There was only one couple there when we arrived. On the Argentinian side, there is a monument with the Argentinian flag colors, on the Brazil side, the monument is yellow and green, and on the Paraguayan side, the monument is red, white, and blue. It is lush green on all sides, with a few buildings. We enjoyed the sun for a while, then visited the artisans booths nearby.

For lunch, we found a restaurant with an outdoor patio. We split a really yummy cheese, onion, and tomato pizza for 8 pessos — so cheap and so good! There was a crazy guy lurking around, thought, that made me feel uneasy. You could tell he had some problems. He was looking at everyone´s food, pacing back and forth. He took a half empty Sprite bottle from a table that had not been cleared off. He drank the Sprite, paced around people´s tables, paced to the front of the patio, then paced around all the tables. It was an extremely repetative pattern. Crazy man. I just wanted him to go away. After a long time, he finally went away with his Sprite bottle in hand, and walked to a nearby bus stop. There, he paced around the bus stop. But at least he was away from us!!!

We headed back to the hotel to grab Sean´s stuff, then hung out at the hostel. Then later walked to the bus terminal, where we saw the crazy guy again! Sean and I said our goodbyes, and Sean got on the bus to BsAs.

It was nice to travel with him for those 2 weeks. It was his first time in a non-English speaking country. But I tried to make it as easy as possible for him 😉 Gosh, I´m such a good girlfriend :p

Angie and Steve met me at the hostel in the evening. I told them that I had found town, and we went for a walkabout, then went back to the hostel to hang out. We played cards, drank Quilmes, and played pool. It was good times.

I was going to *try* to wake up at 5:55am, so I could get the 6:30am bus to Posadas…



Tags: ,

One Response to “Three countries and a crazy guy”

  1. Sean Says:

    Gosh, you’re such a good girlfriend. :p

    The crazy guy was at the main bus terminal too, with some bread that he set down on a random bench. And then, after you left, he magically found his Sprite bottle again! I saw it all from my bus window seat.

  2. Posted from United States United States
  3. Marisa Says:

    LOL! Man, that guy was nuts!!!

  4. Posted from Argentina Argentina

Leave a Reply