BootsnAll Travel Network



Heaven part II

Aug 20, 2005

Yesterday, I just took it easy. I went to the Archaeological Museum which featured displays from around the indigenous regions of Bolivia, northern Chile, northwest and northeast Argentina, and of Peru. The inidenous cultures here seem to be similar to those you find in Bolivia and Peru. Some speak Quechua, some are of Amayra descent. I am drawn to these cultures.

Strolling through the artisans market, I am reminded much of my time in Peru. The same kind of things sold, but the vendors are not pushy at all. There are also artisans of the Wichi tribe? which make things out of the various types of wood found in the area. I want to say they are more from the northeast, like the Chaco region, but am not sure. And the music…oh, the Andean folkloric music that I so love! Sigh. Completely reminds me of Peru…

I went to another museum of a local sculptor. It was small, but I figured I´d support the cause for 1 peso. He had quite a few sculptors, some rugged, some realistic, and of varying sizes. There was also a mural made out of seeds, maize, wheat, and other items depicting the crucification of Christ. Now I´m not religious, but it was beautiful.

I didn´t do much of anything today. I had dinner with my roommate, Nathalie from France, Olivier from France who works at the hostel, and Justine, our other roommate from Canada.



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply