BootsnAll Travel Network



Costanera Ecological Reserve, a nice respite from BsAs

Sean only had one day in the beginning in BsAs, so I decided to take him to the Costanera Ecological Reserve that Marcelo had recommended to me.

On our way there, we walked down to Puerto Madero, along the diques, saw the funky bridge, then walked towards the Ecological reserve. We passed through a park with a lot of vendors and a band setting up on a stage.

We were both hungry, so I decided to introduce him to the famed Argeninian parrillas. We ate at one place that looked pretty local. He wasn´t very impressed, as he said the Bife de Chorizo we had would be something he could cook at home.

After lunch, we headed over and found the fountain and the ecological reserve. Marcelo told me that you could rent bikes at the reserve…even though I can´t ride a bike…I was so tempted to rent one to see — after all, I tend to do crazy and new things in foreign countries!

We rented two rickety ass bikes off of a vendor for 4 pesos an hour each. I had to walk mine quite a bit, since I didn´t know what I was doing and there were so many people in the way. I would go about 3 feet, put my feet town to the ground, then walk it.

We entered the reserve trails where it was more clear of people, and I learned how to ride a bike…in BsAs. I was so wobbly and stopped the bike around people. It took about 10 minutes or so, then I got the hang of it!!! I was riding a bike for the first time in 23 years (last time I rode one was when I was 5 years old)!!! I finally got used to the feeling and to passing people. I had a huge grin on my face the entire time.

That bike ride in the reserve was awesome. We passed by a few lagunas — seemingly marshland so close to the city. Then we got to an area where the trail paralleled the ocean on our left side. It was gorgeous! We followed the trails back to return the bike. We returned the shitty bikes to their rightful owners. Both of our asses were so sore! I was quite impressed at how quickly I picked it up. Ironically enough, a bike ride in the park has become a highlight of my stay in BsAs.



Tags: ,

3 Responses to “Costanera Ecological Reserve, a nice respite from BsAs”

  1. Judith Says:

    Dear Marissa!
    This time I managed to access your blog!
    I read your story about the bike-ride and the memories of the two of us in Huaraz came flying back to me. I remember us in front of this office where they were organising the canyoning trip and you tried the mountainbike of the tour-guide.. Good for you you finally managed the “iron horse” now, hopefully you won’t wait another 23 years to try it again 😉
    Save travels!
    X
    Judith

  2. Posted from Netherlands Netherlands
  3. BillE Says:

    …….it’s like riding a bike, once you learn……..

  4. Posted from United States United States
  5. zopa Says:

    sweet.
    miss u.
    zopa

  6. Posted from United States United States
  7. admin Says:

    Judith, that´s funny!!! I was so scared of falling, plus his bike was waaaay too tall for me! I think I made a fool out of myself in front of the other gringos in the plaza…but hey, it makes for good times 🙂

  8. Posted from Argentina Argentina

Leave a Reply