BootsnAll Travel Network



Nha Trang (Sometime in Mid May 2006)

Well after the bus ride from Hell.  I arrived in the beach party haven of Vietnam.  I got a place on the beach across from the Sailing Club for my $4 limit.  The Sailing Club is the nightlife of Nha Trang.  Every night until the wee hours of the night, I and a few hundred of my best new found friends would stumble back home from a night of drinking and dancing on the beach.  I really liked the town, but time constrainst were upon me.  I had to get to Cambodia so I could fly to Bali in time for the wedding.  I only managed to take Mama’s snorkeling boat trip out to the islands offshore and hit the casino before heading to Dalat.  The boat trip was really wierd!  It was advertised as a party boat, but it was full of local families and just a hand full of backpackers.  But it turned out to be a lot of fun anyway.  We stopped in a protected marine reserve to go snorkeling.  In my exuberence to get into the water, I forgot that I can’t swim!!!  I started to jump into the water as the revelation hit me about my likeness to a rock in the ocean.  I grabbed on to the boat with both hands to keep myself from going in before I could grab a life jacket.  Once properly equipped I dove to check out the underwater world.  I couldn’t believe what I saw down there.  It wasn’t the amazing color of the fish or the variety of the marine life, but a spear fisherman skewering an octapus right in front of my eyes (did I mention that we were in a PROTECTED marine reserve).  Ink exploded everywhere and the sea turned into a black cloud.  I was at least hoping that we were going to eat it for lunch, but it never turned up on the menu.  The only other thing I accomplished in Nha Trang besides laying on the beach getting massaged was go to Crazy Kim’s to “teach” street kids English one morning before heading off to Dalat on another bus.  The published time schedule to get to Dalat was 5 hours, but the trip actually took 8.  I hate TM Brothers Open Bus tour!!!! Don’t Do it Ian!!! I warned u already. I’d hate to have to say I told u so.



Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *