BootsnAll Travel Network



Crazy Dalat (Mid-Late May)

OK, a little bit of catching up now that I’ve left the slow internet hell of Bali and am back in Malaysia.  I know it’s out of order, but hopefully u’ll all be able to follow without too much trouble.  

I decided to rent a motorcycle to cruise around the city and the rest of the area.  I loved cruising around Vietnam on a motorcycle!  it was a great freedom to be able to go anywhere whenever you felt like it and perfect to get around this city.  There’s something just not quite right about Dalat, especially in Vietnam.  In this otherwise normal little town in the middle of the Vietnam Highlands, there exists a couple places that just stray a little bit ouside the let’s say…. Sane (and coming from me, u know that’s saying something)  This outside the box architecture is definately not the norm here or in any country much less a communist one  Crazy House.  There were a dozen or so rooms in this guesthouse that apparently are available for rent if you would like to sleep here.  I for one thought about it for a second and decided against it.  Especially when I walked into the Evil Kangaroo room  Evil Kanagroo Room.  Look at his beady little glowing red eyes and tell me u’d like to sleep here.  Besides this very interesting house the locals just call the “Crazy House”, there is another restaurant in town that is sure to freak you out.  The restaurant of a 1000 roofs or something like that is really kewl, but also equally bizarre.  There are staircases that lead to nowhere and rooms that make you feel like you’re in the jungle.  One of the staircases goes into this dark room where there appeared to be someone sitting completely still no matter what you threw at him.  Another lead down to the dungeon where only god knows what goes on.  Very creepy, but the ice cream sundaes were great.  I wish I had a picture of this place for you.  On to Saigon.



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *