BootsnAll Travel Network



Taylor Made in Hoi An

SORRY I DON’T HAVE ANY PICS HERE B/C MY FLASH DRIVE FAILED AND I SENT ALL MY PICS HOME WITH STEVE (Steve, maybe if u have time u could post some pics for me) 

After finally deciding to leave Hoa’s place, I went to Hoi An to pick up a suit I had made fro Bob’s wedding from one of Hoa’s friends.  Hoa had taken me into town to get a few beers and get measured for some clothing a few days before.  The suit fit perfectly on the first try for only $35.  I decided to surprise Bob and Denise and show up at their fancy affair in a off white linen suit after backpacking around Asia for the past 4 months.  It was beautiful.  I sorta looked like Don Johnson in Miami Vice.  It was fitting (no pun intended) since Miami is my last known address.  I also had 2 pairs of travel zippered pants copied from my original Travel pants and I also had Sarah remake the bottoms to the originals that got stolen in Singapore.  The rest of Hoi An I could do without.  It’s an old historic city with some nice buildings, but it was hot! damn hot! with almost no breeze to brake it up.  The beach was also 3,900M farther out of town than at Hoa’s Place.  I think the only thing I really liked about Hoi An was the Mango Bar which had a salsa night and an awsome mango salsa and tortilla chip appetizer.

Leaving Hoi An I made the fatal mistake of buying an open bus ticket to Saigon.  I even paid an extra dollar to make sure that I got a good bus which promptly broke down 20Km out of town in a petrol station.  I knew it was bad when they stopped trying to fix the bus and told me that another bus was coming to get us.  30 minutes later, they started to try to fix the bus again.  We made the best of the situation by taknig over the station with an Ipod and speakers.  We bought all the beers they had and made a party out of it.  We finally got back on the bus from hell and rode it another 10 hours down to Nha Trang.  Aside from the beautiful sunrise on the way down the trip was just a preview of all bus rides in Vietnam down to Saigon.



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *