BootsnAll Travel Network



Debrecen, Hungary

Hi All,

Dan and I have decided to try a different approach to our blog. Here is the plan:

We would like to try to update our blog more often with shorter entries just letting you know where we are and a little bit about what we have been up to. Then, when we have more time — or, more importantly, internet access time — we will do an entry (or entries) on a place or something that was interesting to us or that struck us as something worth writing about.

OK, so first, we need to catch you all up on where we have been since Leipzig — in a quick and dirty way.

From Leipzig, we went to Dresden, Germany and spent a couple nights there. Then, we went to Prague and spent a week there before spending two nights in Cesky Krumlov (in the Czech Republic, as well). On our way to Hungary, we spent one quick night in Vienna. (We hope to spend a few more days in Vienna on our way back through Austria.) Our first stop in Hungary was in Sarvar, where a castle that is infamous for being the residence of Countess Erzebet Bathory — the “Blood Countess.” Then, on to beautiful Budapest for five nights before spending two nights in the more northeastern town of Eger, Hungary. And, we are now in Debrecen, Hungary for just a night before we head into Romania.

Again, we will share thoughts and stories about the above as time permits.

Tim and Dan



Tags: ,

One response to “Debrecen, Hungary”

  1. Jackie says:

    Hi Tim and Dan!
    I just had a wonderful start to my day – I spent about 1 1/2 hours catching up on your blog and pictures! It was quiet, relaxing and so much fun. I had quite a few chuckles and lots of oohs and aaahs (especially Switzerland – I’d love to visit that country). Also, the chocolate museum peaked my interest. All fo the scenery, castles, flowers, etc look so neat. Thanks for sharing all of your travels through your blog and photos. What an awesome experience…it seems like it’s beyond words.
    Take care and wishing you safe travels.
    I miss both of you and love you both lots!!
    Jackie

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *