BootsnAll Travel Network



Contents of Package: Hat

“Roses are red, Violets are blue. You guys are in Europe, And now the hat is there, too!”

With this little poem, Dan and I are now — again — the proud, temporary owners of a fuzzy, white and green, tassle hat — compliments of our nephew, Tony.  This is a hat that is passed from one person to another in my family each year.  Both Dan and I have received the hat before and have given it to another family member the following Christmas.

In early November my sister, Jackie, emailed us a note asking if there was a way she might be able to send something to us because she would like to send us a Christmas card.  Sure, we had already booked a few days at a guest house in Rothenburg.  She could send it “Poste Restante” or “General Delivery” to the main post office in Rothenburg and we would pick it up there.  Well, the day we arrived in Rothenburg, we found the main post office and went to retrieve our “card.”  There were two packages waiting for us: one from my mom and one from my sister, Jackie.  Walking out of the post office, I looked at the “contents” tag on the one from my sister and it read, “Candy, Hat.”  Why would she be sending us a hat?  But, it only took me a couple seconds to figure out which “hat” was in the box, and I said, “Dan, it’s THE HAT!”  Sure enough, it was.  Thanks, Tony!

Once we are able to, we’ll post photos that we took with us wearing the hat.

Tim



Tags:

One response to “Contents of Package: Hat”

  1. Jackie says:

    Merry Christmas Tim and Dan!
    And now, the “hat” made the blog too…that is very cool 🙂 It is Christmas Eve morning and we are preparing for the day…one errand to the store, making cinammon rolls for tomorrow and getting the camera ready to take lots of photos. We are all so excited for you that you are in Rome for Christmas – that is so great and I’m sure will be an experience of a lifetime! Enjoy.
    From all of us – Jackie, John, Katie, Tony, Corey and Ben – we are wishing you a wonderful Christmas!! God Bless both of you!
    Lots of Love and big hugs!!
    Jackie

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *