BootsnAll Travel Network



Worky work

Not much to say. I’ve been having fun at work. I had a german come in the other day, who said “the sun laughs” instead of ‘its sunny’. I didn’t get tonight off, so I ran errands yesterday, cleaned the kitchen and bathroom (we have a schedule), read some more “Mill on the Floss”, got my tax letter, finished Xmas shopping (pretty much), talked with David at the internet cafe for half an hour, and then met up with Kristl at Humphrey’s. Well – we got kicked out as the last ones in the bar, decided we weren’t done talking (or drinking) and went back to her place and had a slumber party in the living room. Oh god – I haven’t reminisced about college like that since leaving. I miss mort. Anyways, I made it back home today at 2, after cleaning, eating a huge Irish brekkie, and watching today’s home and away (or half of it). Stupid soap – I’m so addicted and it is so odd to me. I don’t like soaps. I missed last night’s Lost, so I’ll have to download it on Kristl’s iTunes this weekend. More errands and stuff tomorrow, including mailing Xmas gifts and cards. Busy little bee I am. (She says sitting in the internet cafe, checking out movie news, garbage news, various blogs, and the latest Colbert quotes).
Oh – and our stupid DVD player is broken for good now. So, I’m trying to get the housemates to chip in for a new one (I want to see the wind that shakes the barley) but as I’m never home, I don’t see them and can’t rally them very easily…

Colbert: ”There was another seismic shift in our nation’s leadership. Of course, I’m talking about People magazine’s Sexiest Man. Last year’s winner, rugged good ol’ boy Matthew McConaughey, is out. Leftist pretty boy George Clooney is in….Nation, we are at war. You don’t change sexy horses in midstream, no matter how good that other sexy horse looks bathing under a waterfall.” I wonder if ANY of my favorite DS/CR videos are left on youtube at this point – I haven’t been on since coming here. Ooh – and I finally saw the trailer for Zodiac – not as completely brilliant as the poster, but I’m looking forward to it…



Tags:

-2 responses to “Worky work”

  1. Karen says:

    “I’m so addicted and it is so odd to me. I don’t like soaps. I missed last night’s Lost…”

    Ha, ha! Lost is such a soap…..

  2. Ross says:

    You need help.

  3. admin says:

    First off – no more rude comments on MY blog Ross. And secondly – you cannot judge Lost without having seen it! It is brilliant. It is a mystery and philosophical and won the emmy for BEST DRAMA. It is not a fricking soap.