BootsnAll Travel Network



Lalala

Things here are trucking along – I’m almost done with work for the week. Steph wants to switch shifts this week, so I was thinking of heading up north – but that is a lot of planning, very quickly, and I’m a bit stressed at the moment – so I might just take it easy the next couple of days – finish up all of my errands, and go see the North in February (maybe the forecast won’t be heavy rain then as well). I bought new shoes today, as my boots are just wrecked – I’ll see if they get me through the shift well tonight. Got about 26/28 in tips the last 2 nights (Sunday was mad busy – ooh! but they put American football at the end of the night – the patriots. I don’t even like football and it kind of made me giddy). Otherwise things are going pretty well at the bar. I like almost everyone there (except the new guy – but I try to avoid him) and Orla and I might go out sometime. Hmm – any one want to write in quickly on their thoughts for the North? I’m leaning towards staying at the moment – I could actually organize my closet and ship my xmas gifties… hmmm…



Tags:

3 responses to “Lalala”

  1. Karen says:

    Who’s Orla?

  2. Karen says:

    North? As in, “the troubles”? I say, stay home. Meanwhile, your bro has been confirmed for Leeds….so he and I will be scrambling to get everything done…Love you! Mama

  3. Sue K says:

    Jessica! Glad to hear things are going well thus far! Am enjoying your blogs…almost like I’m not in stupid nyc, still. well, not quite — but it’s still nice to know your are enjoying your post SIPA life!

  4. Emily says:

    Congrats to Ross!
    I would say that you should take every opportunity to travel AFTER this one. It sounds like you really need to regroup a little bit and that it might help future travel plans just to settle down and think ahead a bit. Yes?

  5. admin says:

    Orla is one of the floor staff girls. (Her, Sara, and a brazilian, whose name I am not good at pronouncing). The other bartenders are Qiao, John O’Brien (manager), John Gallagher (senior barman), Dermot, Luke (son and father), Stephanie, Vita (latvian), and the new guy Gavin (whom I keep calling Devon). Plus day people whom I never work with.

    I didn’t get tonight off, so I am not in the north. But I do plan on going to Belfast in February – the black cab tour is supposed to be amazing…

    Sue – sorry to hear stuff in NYC is stupid – what are you up to?