BootsnAll Travel Network



whoops

So – here I am rushing to get to work today, thinking I’m not even going to have time to check my email on my way to work because I am running oh so late, when I look up and realize – huh. It’s still light out. Then I thought about the fact that my phone said 3:30 while my clock said 4:30, and then I realized that while I was trying to set my alarm for an hour later when it went off (I was up late last night), I had actually reset the time. So now I get to kill an unexpected hour in the internet cafe. whoops.

Yesterday was awesome and very relaxing. Aside from a wasted trip up to the central library (closed – Sunday – argh to Catholic countries), I visited Murder Ink (had to try very very hard not to spend a week’s paycheck) and books upstairs, which is a hole-in-the-wall discount book store. Anyways, I escaped with just 4 new books to add to my reading pile (Perfume – really good so far and why I was up late last night, a Sherlock Holmes collection, Mr. Timothy which is a murder mystery take on a not-so-pious Tim Crachit – I thought it sounded like good reading for Xmas, and an Irish murder mystery. Murder Ink has a whole section of books by Irish authors or set in Ireland, and the proprietor recommended one for me). And then I got Mexican food, and a bunch of DVDs and curled up on the couch in my PJs to read (perfume and the blind assassin) and watch movies (MI3 – I wouldn’t see it in theaters because Tom Cruise is CRAZY! but I do like me a good action flick. And aside from his craziness – you know the real reason it didn’t do very well in theaters? Not once in the advertising campaigns did it mention that Billy Crudup and Jonathan Rhys-Meyers were in it! Honestly – stupid ad people. Anyways – that was a pleasant surprise. And Domino (could have been a good concept for a popcorn flick, and they totally bungled the plot), and mirrormask (the DVD extras with Neil Gaiman and Dave McKean were very cool. The movie was very cool visually, and I liked a lot of the concepts, but the plot wasn’t quite as absorbing as Labyrynth or Dark Crystal), and Hard Candy (really good, but very, very dark)).

Today I’m working (please let it be quiet), tomorrow I am going to 2 libraries, taking some more photos around town, reading, and resting, and then I’ll be working through Christmas. (please let it not be too busy).

Oh – also; on my way to murder ink I saw the lord Mayor’s live animal crib. I knew he had one – I did not know it was in front of his mansion (seriously – donkey smell for a month?). And I have been staying at the bar far too late. I didn’t get home on Friday till practically 4:30. I need to sleep more. I don’t think I’ll be hanging out once these 2 weeks kick in – I’ll be too tired.

wrong number – The Cure



Tags:

Comments are closed.