BootsnAll Travel Network



Think about it…. a BONE CHANDELIER

So… the country is in mourning. Well, still in shock, I think, – moving to mourning. Seriously – the front page of the paper has psycholgists begging people not to turn to drink for comfort. I am not kidding.

Of course, not everyone is taking it quite so hard; “What’s the difference between an All Black and a tea bag? A tea bag stays in the cup longer.”

On to happier notes; my ipod is delicious. I love it.

And – hey! – travel news! Saturday evening, Herdis and I went up to the Port Hills. We hiked the sugarloaf trail, which was really lovely (pictures to come soon), ran into some sheep (it’s lambing time – and that means a 35:1 sheep to people ratio in the country), and drove over to Godley’s head. It was really lovely to be just 10 minutes from home (via car) and up on some really pretty nature trails. Also – the scenery does remind me a lot of California in a lot of ways. You get the brownish, grassy hills with some spikey dry plants (some sort of flax here, I believe), distant mountains, and lusher grottos. We hiked through one area that gave me an absolute deja vu to Mountain Mill House. Saw some funny tall birds (they reminded me of curlews, but smaller and thinner), some ruddy ducks, a hawk, and some really pretty song birds.

I was watching tv the other night and came across a travel segment on this: The Bone Church in the Czech Republic. Oh my god – I have to go. Seriously – a BONE CHANDELIER.

Box office round-up: The Seeker flops. Huzzah!

Oh! Kooza is coming to San Francisco… Awww…. I wanna go…. oooh – and it features a Wheel of death!! I love Cirque!

Kristl passed on this really brilliant piece on how the Iraq war is the first war in American history that Americans are not paying for. Stupid Republicans – LEARN FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY!!!!



Tags:

3 responses to “Think about it…. a BONE CHANDELIER”

  1. Karen says:

    I don’t know how we missed this in Rome, but this pre-dates the Czechoslovakian one:

    http://www3.sympatico.ca/tapholov/pages/bones.html

    It’s the Capuchin (the monks, not the monkeys) Chapel.

  2. Karen says:

    PS — the Sox swept the LA Angels – 3 games to zero. Hurrah for our team! Not only the AL East champs (the Yankees suck!) but now we’re into Round 2 of the playoffs….

    I guess that means that Boston is F-ing Hard Core! Yeah!

    The Onion article about how Steinbrenner refused to be a wild card was pretty funny….

  3. admin says:

    Oh my god – how did we miss that?? At least we saw the crypts. And I touched a mummy in Dublin.

    And the Yankees are LOOOOSING!!!! Hahahahaha….