BootsnAll Travel Network



the weekend and Taylor’s Mistake

Thank god for the weekend. I need to catch up on sleep. And laptop work. I let beatunes analyze my itunes overnight one night and the bpms all came out totally wrong. Oh well. Maybe I’ll try a different one next weekend? I’m trying to decide whether to uninstall and reinstall my virus software. I worry about it.

I put down a deposit on a new ipod Friday. I was going to get a little small 2 gig mp3 player to hold me over for a while, but the guy said it would be a huge hassle loading 500 songs onto it since it wasn’t an ipod product and I use itunes. So – new ipod in a few weeks! Whee! It’ll be great for traveling around NZ and for lifting my spirits when I freak out about carrying my laptop around (since I sure as hell am not going to ship it back home after this last debacle).

We had a mini-goodbye for Graham on Friday, as his last official day. Both he and Geoff are in and out all next week. So I’m in charge! Mwahahaha…

Today I went with Hollie to the Riccarton markets (picked up some delicious kiwis). (Heh. What do you say after a night at Mickey Finns? Ba dum dum.) The markets were huge and fun to look around, although we had to walk a ways to find them. Then we went to Sumner, which is very cute and on the water. We got ice cream from this locally famous shop (I got orange chocolate chip) and hiked out to Taylor’s mistake. No – I don’t know who Taylor was or what he did. The hike was very up and down and zig-zaggy along the cliffs and we got some great views. There were lots of birds around the cliffs, and some donkeys at the end. It was great to get out of the city center and see 2 new areas of the city. Sumner is really cute. We had a good time – and we’re going to go see a rugby game together sometime soon. Yay!

Most important; a (different) 2nd trailer for Jesse James. New Sam dialogue!

Et tu, shelob?

The last Nines guest blog on EW (very funny).

For those of us behind desks.

No! Say it ain’t so! There’s still time – bring in Hugh Laurie! (I like one commenter’s response, ‘this is rubbing salt in a wound’)

NBC to stop distributing via itunes. Nooo! I just got my itunes back! Of course, the deal doesn’t expire till Dec. Not that I should be spending my money on tv shows. Still, season 3 of the Office is awfully tempting… (thanks, Kristl!)

Pitzer college on NPR (eco-friendly dorms). (Thanks, mom!)

The dark side of Opera.

Angelina Jolie in Thomas Crown 2. Well, yay – but why isn’t Rene Russo coming back?

From Cleolinda:

Partial face transplants. I think I personally find the Bush-Indian worst. And Kiera Knightly and Natalie Portman are apparently the same person. Have they ever been spotted on a red carpet at the same time?

Darjeeling Limited first still of Natalie Portman and Jason Schwartzman; Wes Anderson Short Film Stars Natalie Portman.

John Cusack’s Action Hero Dreams Dashed.
Knightley says focus on the films, not my figure. “‘I’m my worst critic,’ she said. ‘If you really want me to cut my part to pieces, I absolutely can and I don’t want to get to a day when I can’t.'” This may sound like the usual celeb false modesty, unless you’ve listened to her commentary on the first POTC DVD, in which she mocks her own forty different pouts.
 
From Soapsud: Christian Bale is a lying liar who lies. Hee. “When it comes to the real Christian Bale, he prefers people not have the straight story. He cheerfully admits to lying to the media, peppering his anecdotes with embellishments and inventions to keep himself entertained during repetitive junkets. When asked if there has ever been a good profile written about him, he responds, ‘If you’re meaning a truthful one, I would never let you know, because I have no desire for people to get their facts right about me.’ Will he share a couple of his favorite fabrications about himself? ‘That would also be revealing what were the truthful ones.’ “

musica: perfect gentleman – wyclef, runaway – iio, every day I love you less and less – kaiser chiefs, rocket man- daphne rubin-vega, mr. brightside – the killers, mistake – fiona apple



Tags:

One response to “the weekend and Taylor’s Mistake”

  1. Karen says:

    Who’s Hollie? And I’m glad you’ve found a buddy. Is Mickey Finn’s your local?

    Who the hell is Ryan Seacrest. Idiots.

    They probably aren’t using Rene Russo b/c she’s my age, but it ticks me off!!! that Pierce Brosnan (and any other Hollywood guy) isn’t considered too old to be a sex symbol. Blech.

    And the Thomas Crown scenes with Pierce and Rene were maybe the hottest EVER!

    God, I hate Hollywood.

    And aging….

  2. Karen says:

    P.S.: This is the sexiest strut:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcxZxwli0TE

    It starts at 0.16

    He also does an excellent strut in the Tenant of Wildfell Hall, when he goes to get his lady love. I couldn’t find the clip, but I’ll send it when I do.

    This has a little of his Duke of Orsino strut from “Twelfth Night”.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj2WhQYfhVU

    This is amusing, too. It’s a “Toby Ad” for buying the “Patented Toby Strut”. Oddly, it is stills of him, not movies of him actually strutting. Weird.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P37h9VjnFg4

  3. admin says:

    You are one sick puppy.

    Hollie is the girl I met at the hostel – the one who’s worked with lions and tigers? Mickey Finns is an Irish bar here in town. I haven’t actually been. I haven’t been to any bars here yet – although I think our whole house is going to Sullivans (the other Irish bar) on Friday.

    Ryan Seacrest is this bland, annoying, ubiquitous entertainment talking head. I think he got his start as the host of American idol, and now I think he hosts like E! news and a radio show – stuff like that. I have been very fortunate to never ever see him on anything. Aside from Teri Hatcher.

    I don’t know why they aren’t using Rene Russo – I think everyone agreed that she was brilliant in the first one. Maybe she didn’t agree to this one – I mean she does have kids and it seems like she’s only done family friendly stuff since then. Then again, the only actress who could probably match the first one would be Angie, so… as a second choice I’d say she’s good casting

  4. Karen says:

    I’m surprised that Rene Russo has little kids. She actually is my age. Well, more power to her, I guess.

    I am not sick. Just obsessed. Oh. Sorry. That’s rather the same, isn’t it?

    OK. I’m neither sick nor obsessed. I just like handsome men in period costume. Or out of it…

    Besides, what’s not to like about Toby? He’s beautiful and very talented, and his mum works at Hogwarts….