BootsnAll Travel Network



Spiderman 3

SPOILERS!!! Seriously – if haven’t gone to see the movie, and you think you might – go see it first and read this later. Because I do think everyone should go see films without too many preconceptions as to what is going to happen.

Well, like most reviewers, I thought the movie wasn’t as good as the first 2. Some of the fights seemed to be designed for the inevitable videogame, and whereas the fight on the subway train in the 2nd movie was awesome, a lot of these fights honestly seemed a little sloppy, CGI-wise. And considering the budget, that shouldn’t have happened. There were a few too many elements going on, but honestly, knowing what they were trying to do with the movie, I don’t know what they would have cut (less Kirsten Dunst? That’s usually a good choice in Spiderman…). I still think just a venom movie would have been cool. And Topher Grace was easily the best part of the film.

As for turning Tobey Maguire bad, well, they combed his hair forward and added eyeliner, and generally tried to turn him into the 5th member of Panic! At the Disco. Bless.

All that said, there were several groups of girls around me actually crying at the end. Whether that was because they killed James Franco or disfigured him, I couldn’t say. 😉



Tags:

Comments are closed.