BootsnAll Travel Network



*sniffle*

I am not, (as you might guess by this entry being written), taking a bracing hike along the coastline of the North York Moors. I am holed up in my hostel trying to get this cold to go away once and for all. I figure the next 3 weeks will be pretty jam packed (including a cold week up in Scotland) so I should try to be healthy for it. I’m bummed about missing the moors, but what’s one to do? I might head up to the open air market for dinner, and a coffee. (I’m enjoying the latest E. George. I’m thinking at this rate I’ll be up to her latest before I leave Australia.)

Did I mention that I ate in a cute veggie/vegan/gluten-free restaurant last night? It was called el piano, and all the dishes (Mexican, Indian, and tofu) were served in varying sized crocker dishes. It was pretty good. And I ended up going on the ghost walk, which was entertaining (the guide had a top hat and cape. I’m really kind of sad that men don’t wear those anymore). I spoke with a woman from Kent who highly recommended the Ripper tours, but I doubt I’ll have time enough back in london to do that. Ah well – I’ll go back to London at some point, and the east end won’t be any less modernized than it already is.

It makes me a littleĀ sad everytime I see cleolinda’s lostnesday entry (lost is on Wed. for those who don’t know). What’s going on?? I realize its a tv show, and a backdated one at that (we’re what? a year and a half ahead of the castaways at this point? (when did the red sox win?)), but the show manages to create such an aura or urgency, that I hate not knowing what’s happening.

That’s about it. The hostel is playing Keane at the moment.



Tags:

Comments are closed.