BootsnAll Travel Network



Save the applejuice!

I forgot to post earlier – we drove through a little town on the West coast called Ross. It is famous for being the spot of the discovery of the largest gold nugget (possibly at the time). Save the apple juice!! The nugget no longer exists. Some European monarch made it into furniture.

Slept in today, then walked out to the glacier. Nice walk – pretty scenery – and after sitting all day yesterday it was good to get out and walking, since I’ve been walking about an hour or an hour and a half every day in Chch. (Oh – yeah – I forgot to say, on my last gym appt, my trainer took my measurements. I put on 3.5 kg (of muscle!), but dropped about 9 inches from my waist and hips and such. I think she might have been a little overzealous in her measurements, though, because my pants don’t feel that much looser, but after 2.5 months I am actually a lot stronger. So yay there.)

Reading Owls do Cry by Janet Frame, which is good so far.

Oh yeah – the glacier? A big block of ice. I’m happy with my decision not to hike onto it. Ooh! But I did have a kea circle above me twice on the way back, which was very cool. I believe they are the world’s only alpine parrot.  And I found a decadent mocha on my way back (no caffeine = very headachy girl. Much pain.)  in, fittingly, the cheeky kea cafe. Been hanging out with the cat in the lounge. Waiting for it to get a bit later. That’s about it.



Tags:

0 responses to “Save the applejuice!”

  1. Karen says:

    I’m sorry, but “alpine parrot” MUST be some sort of oxymoron! I hope having birds circling you didn’t lead to a Tippie Hedron incident (“The Birds” was on the other day and I couldn’t talk your bro. into watching it, damn it!); or almost as bad as a Tippie encounter…poo on the head…