BootsnAll Travel Network



in Queenstown

Wow – so much has happened in such a short space of time, it’s hard to remember everything that’s been going on! I don’t really have time for a full update, so… here’s the gist;

west coast; gorgeous scenery

Lake Matheson (reflecive lake). Cocoa in the cafe.

Saw roaring billy falls. Couple of short walks.  Blue Pools. Saw the gates of Haast.
Stayed at Makarora in Mount Aspiring National Park. Lake and Mountains. More pretty scenery. Group meal (meh).
drove inland through the Southern alps. Passed lake Wanaka (3rd largest). Lots of stunning scenery. All surrounded by mountains.

Wanaka – puzzling world. I did the world’s first 2 story maze and completed the whole thing in about 40 minutes!! Most of the group had to use an exit door to make it out in time.

fruit stand with yummy strawberries and fruit ice cream
Original bungy bridge

In Queenstown now. Just checked in, checking email, then out for dinner, and early to bed, because I leave at 6am tomorrow to head to Milford sound. Turns out Stray will not be going to Otago, so I’ll jump up a bus going down, and then stay behind a day or two, see Otago on my own, and catch up with Hoover (my current driver) on her way around. That should still leave me time for Wellington and maybe Waitomo.

In non-travel news, I got 121 out of more than 2000 this last weekend, which bumped me up to 53rd in the competition overall. I’m so gonna break the top 50 before this game is over!!

Also – remember to keep checking out courage campaign and their fight against republicans trying to steal electoral college votes in CA.

Youth, music, sex, and the nineties. I personally LOVE Empire Records. “No – do you really know where Harvard is? It’s another universe, man, filled with big blond guys who row boats and eat ivy.”

Oh and this made me laugh. Bonus points for including Milo Ventimiglia. (Oh and Heroes 207-209 were awesome – I can’t wait for the ending!)

And from CLeolinda;

First Reviews Call ‘Sweeney Todd’ Best Film of 2007; pics from the Sweeney Todd premiere (my God, Johnny Depp cleaned up for the occasion! So did Keith Richards!); Sweeney Todd: Behind the Scenes Footage.

Your First Look at Sam Rockwell in ‘Choke’

New ‘Wanted’ stills with McAvoy and Jolie; James McAvoy on ”Atonement’.’

Katherine Heigl Admits That If It Were Up To Her, She Would Probably Have Aborted Seth Rogen’s Love Child. [Ed; I love this headline.]



Tags:

One response to “in Queenstown”

  1. Karen says:

    Our ideas of “cleaned up” obviously differ. Filthy boots? And his sleeves were too long. You’d think he could afford a tailor. LOVED the tie! Still, other than when he looks as if he’s sucking lemons, he can’t hide being handsome. Did you know that some mag. just declared him one of the 50 greatest style guys of the last 50 years? Hard to believe..

    Nothing can clean up poor Keith Richards! He looks as if he feeds on living people.

    Even cutie Alan Rickman wore a tie that was too short and his shirt was coming unbuttoned and untucked. Sheesh!

    The good news is, we were saved having to look at the Bride of Frankenstein (AKA Helena B-C). Honestly, Kenneth B. did that woman no favors when he put the idea in her head that men will still be attracted to you when you’re a reanimated corpse….