BootsnAll Travel Network



Quick note

I’m going out to the reef tomorrow! Running errands today (underwater camera, reconfirm flight, etc.). I can’t believe its almost time for me to go to New Zealand. WHEEE! I forgot if I mentioned yesterday that I got a stinger suit for going out. Seriously stylish. And I may have found a place in Christchurch! A little bit outside the center (I haven’t found anything IN the center, though), in a recommended neighborhood (Spreydon), fully furnished, short term stays ok, and less than 400/ month, which was my goal. Cool beans. I’m hoping they’ll give it to me. Now I’ll just have to find a job… Thank god – I’ll be earning a salary again!
No entertainment news! Absolute Garbage has been delayed being delivered to Cairns. Boo. Amazon has brief snippets of the remixes here. Nothing much. I can’t wait to hear the full ones.

I’m gonna go eat lunch and do some reading (Pride and Prejudice and rereading Deathly Hallows. I’m trying to find Stardust, unsuccessfully). Oh! Forgot – I saw Superman Returns yesterday (and a fish called wanda, which is one of my all-time favorites; “Winners like North Vietnam?” “It was a tie!”). So – I thought it was better than some reviews said; Bryan Singer did do a good job of setting up some iconic shots, and the guy was at least as good in the role as Christopher Reeves. The plot was a tad rocky. But the women sucked. Parker Posey (who is usually awesome) was given this totally bizarre character and the real problem was Kate Bosworth. Who in god’s name cast her? She can be pleasant looking enough – but she needs work, and did not get it in this film (seriously – who was responsible for her forehead-accentuating hair?) The problem is, when you have a lead guy styled like Cary Grant, the lead woman should look like Grace Kelly or Lauren Bacall. Not Meg Ryan in when Harry met Sally. Did Brandon Routh take up all the stylist’s time? It was bizarre. You had this hunk of a guy wanting this absolute mess of a woman (who – no matter how many baggy clothes you put on her – was still skinnier than a toothpick). It was very off. They should have gotten someone more believable (and more beautiful).
musica: cherry lips (remix) – garbage, shine (remix) – Cyndi Lauper, tear you apart – she wants revenge



Tags:

Comments are closed.