BootsnAll Travel Network



North Island!

So… yesterday we drove up from Kaikoura to Picton where we caught the ferry across to Wellington. The coastline by Kaikoura was really stunning. The ferry took quite a while, but they had tv and a cafe and I read some more of my book (Resurrectionist – its about body snatching in regency England. Whee!) Unfortunately, I judged the bus timetable wrong, so I am in Wellington for 2 full days instead of one. Which means that I don’t think I’ll make it to Waitomo. Which is ok. I knew from the start that it would be hard to get over there and since I went whale watching, I’m pretty broke anyways. And this will give me some time in Auckland instead of just frantically rushing around before my plane leaves. So I’m still pretty happy with the way things have worked out. It can be something to see the next time I’m in the country. Or I could go watch Life in the Undergrowth again.

Last night I went to see Beowulf in 3D (I figured I wouldn’t be getting a chance to see it on IMAX, so this seemed like the next best alternative). Yes, the movie had its flaws, but the visuals more than made up for the price of admission. Plus, I can’t remember the last time a movie actually made me jump in my seat. Oh – and walking down main street, I ran into this guy.

It’s drizzling out today, so I’m going to head to the national museum (after brunch) and do the Karori sanctuary tomorrow. And then watch lots of tv because it is free and I am broke.

Also – speaking of tv. This no Daily Show thing has got to end. It’s like Rupert Murdoch has threatened the AMPTP not to negotiate or else he’ll devour their families. Which he could do.



Tags:

One response to “North Island!”

  1. Karen says:

    Wow! He’s good looking! Reminds me of that jerk with whom I used to work…Alex Rodriguez…. A total ass, but mighty pretty…