BootsnAll Travel Network



Madagascar

I spent the afternoon sitting in a piazza reading my Madagascar book and getting a pretty good idea of what I’d like to do, and reassuring myself that I’ll be able to do it. And then I find out that it’s been the worst cyclone season in Madagascar in recorded history, with the latest on April 4th. So… it doesn’s look like I’ll be making it up the East coast, which was my original plan (the roads there are shaky at the best of times). I’m bummed about the fact that I won’t be seeing an aye-aye, but with half a million people homeless, or without access to food and water, it kinda dims any disappointment I might have. So – I think I’ll hit the UN, WWF, and ANGAP offices in Tana, and see if I can help out at all. I might still try to head to a park in the West, if things are okay. We’ll just play it by ear. And I can always head back some time in the future to be a tourist.
On the good side, my new malaria meds don’t seem to have any side affects.



Tags:

One response to “Madagascar”

  1. Karen says:

    “Effects”, dear; not “affects”. I can commend you to a wonderful site called, “Common Errors in English (and how to avoid them)” which is written by a Prof. from some college in Washington state.

    But so glad to hear that you have a friend to travel with! Are you still going to volunteer to help, or travel?