BootsnAll Travel Network



I… what? huh?

“The following program was suppossed to contain scenes of brief nudity. Thanks a lot network.”I’m… I’m so confused right now.
 

From popwatch, “So, after weeks of teasing, Stephen Colbert has finally thrown his hat in the presidential ring… Normally, we at EW would be opposed to this move — if he gets elected, what will happen to his show? That’s too great a sacrifice for us to sanction, even if Colbert’s leadership would benefit the American people. Fortunately, this is Colbert we’re talking about; if the guy can debate himself, as he does occasionally on his show, then he can run the country and still find time to do The Colbert Report every night. Godspeed, Stephen.”
 

I heard about this on the news, so I made sure to be in front of the Daily Show at 10pm (like I wouldn’t be otherwise, right?) And… I totally don’t get it. Is it a joke? Is he serious? Is it sweeps?
 

Yes, he’s intelligent, and I love the idea of someone with a sense of humor in the white house. He’d be better than the republicans. But is he honestly going to try to run?

Full coverage over here.  My brain hurts. Moving on…

Yoga last night. Didn’t go quite as well as my first try – I was super-tense. But I still came out of it feeling better. Saw Mysterious Skin. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is totally brilliant in it, but AHH! TRAUMATIZING HUSTLER RAPE SCENE! Anyway, you know from the start what happened to the 2 boys, so I thought there’s be more after they finally find each other, but it actually worked well. It’s very dark, so I don’t recommend it if you don’t feel like being depressed. Oh, and I totally love all of the make-up on Michelle Trachtenberg in it. Had a talk with our new trainer about moving abroad. I think when you’re raised in a place you assume you’ll stay in the country because, well, everyone assumes that. Most everyone you know does stay. At least, that’s fairly true in America. I think people from the commonwealth are more likely to move to other countries within it. My boss lived in Oz for 5 years and London for 5 years. And Lyn lived in Edinburgh for 7 years. Anyways, I’m (obviously) excited about seeing SF again, but I think one thing this trip has helped me realize is that I don’t really need to pick a country for ever and ever. I can move. Lyn was talking about choosing a new place every few years. And I have realized that there are a lot of really great cities out there. None may have the unique charm of San Franicisco, but they have their good points. And most of them have men with accents. 😉EW’s butt-kicking babes. “It includes a handful of secret agents and assassins, at least three space-faring sirens, two aspiring pugilists, and a crazy-eyed saloon owner with a weakness for black britches. (One guess as to which of these ladies is played by Joan Crawford.)”

It’s a pretty half-assed list, even by EW standards. I’d vote for Angelina Jolie (Mr. & Mrs. Smith, Lara Croft, Gone in 60 seconds, etc.), Rosario Dawson (Sin City), Franka Potente (Lola Rennt), and Rebecca Romijn (X-Men). Oh – and Famke Janssen in Goldeneye (or X-men, too, I guess).

Also overlooked are Diana Rigg (The Avengers), Demi Moore (GI Jane), Milla Jovovich (5th element/ resident evil films), Gillian Anderson (X-Files), Jodie Foster (in like everything she does), Claudia Black (Farscape), Karen Allen (Indiana Jones), Mariska Hargitay (SVU), Carrie Fisher (Star Wars), Kate Beckinsale (Underwood), plus the rest of the girls in Kill Bill. I know there are lots of votes over on the blog for Sarah Michelle Gellar, Jennifer Garner, Jessica Alba, Jessica Biel, Lucy Lawless, Linda Carter, and Geena Davis (Long Kiss Goodnight), too.

And people say female action stars aren’t doing well (just because pieces of crap like Aeon Flux and Catwoman flopped).

Tim Burton to Speak in NYC & Sweeney Todd Press Days Set.

A filmgoer’s guide to bad sex with Christian Bale. [Totally worth it, especially for the poster who commented, “you’d Werner his Herzog” Yeah, about the only decent character he’s ever played (that I’ve seen) is Laurie in Little Women (well, or Velvet Goldmine, you lucky, lucky gay men). His characters tend to be seriously obsessive and/or royally screwed up. Which is what makes him such a terrific actor.]
 

Also, a comment further on down the page made me laugh, “A webgoer’s guide to sex with the AV Club by Zack Handlen
Music reviews: Too many options–paralyzed by choice. The sort of sex where you stare at the handcuffs and the marmalade for three hours and end up falling asleep in front of Euro-porn.Cinema reviews: Stately, dependable. A basic level of consistency that only comes from a long period of commitment and trust. Maybe a little predictable, and not quite as exciting as you imagine it could be, but with a ressuring professionalism.Book reviews: A somewhat muted session, made up for in its willingness to experiment with new forms. Endearingly eager to please.

Video game reviews: Cryptic, detached, and slightly distant. Foreplay always seems designed to work with someone else. Perception of the event might not entirely agree with the event itself.

Features: Flashy, willing to take risks. Sometimes calls you the day off and wants to make love in a tree in Central Park. Other times, wants to fuck in the Wal-Mart bathroom.

Blog Entries: Often shockingly intimate. Requires a level of emotional commitment that could make some people uncomfortable. Bring tissues.

The Hater: For when you want to screw the third grade English teacher who never gave you an A.

Newswire: Terse, biting–often over before you realize you’ve started.

T.V. Blog: The variety isn’t quite able to hide the deep-in-the-bone conventionality. Missionary position, only wearing different hats. Still, there’s a clear frustration at the limits of hat styling.

My Year of Flops: Frustrated. May need medical assistance.” 

 Current musica: the radio. Foundations – Kate Nash, Fans – Kings of Leon, Dreams in my head – Anika Moa, Deciphering Me – Brooke Fraser, Maybe – Opshop, 4 in the morning – Gwen, First Time – Lifehouse, Me and You – Fall Out Boy, Bubbly – Colbie Callait, Stronger – Kanye, UFO – Sneaky Sound System, Do it – Nelly Furtado, Colorful – Rocco DeLuca, Two hearts – Kylie
 
(btw – my German housemate can’t believe that Kylie and Robbie Williams aren’t big stars in America. She asked if there was anyone who was big in the US but not big in Europe (basically the flip side) and I couldn’t think of any. Any ideas?)



Tags:

Comments are closed.