BootsnAll Travel Network



How things are going

So – another cop turned up yesterday morning and took photos for the police file, although no one fingerprinted the door. She seemed pretty hopeful about catching the guy. I turned in details of the stuff that was stolen, so I’m going to hold out on hope of my camera turning up in a pawn shop for a few more days. There were lots of helicopters outside yesterday morning – turns out its b/c a hells angel shot 3 pedestrians at flinders and williams (I think). Melbourne is having a rough few days. So the police are also a bit preoccupied at the moment. We’ll see if anything comes of it. I comiserated with the lady whose laptop was stolen (it could have been worse). She was with me when the guy came in and was listening to hear if he picked the lock, b/c she woul dhave called the cops. When she didn’t hear that, she let it go, although she alerted the front desk. Had she mentioned to me that the guy was dodgy, maybe I would’ve gone to my room and none of this would have happened. Maybe if the hostel had – I don’t know – LOCKED or ALARMED the door the guy got through the first time he wouldn’t have been able to steal my stuff.

I realize its no good crying over spilled milk, and I’ve sort of resigned myself to the realities of the situation. I’m going to talk to the hostel today about staying on until my credit cards can arrive. The rest of the day yesterday I read fatal voyage by kathy reichs and turncoat by Aaron Elkins. Both of which were good at keeping my mind of the situation. And I watched some Rich List – which is an Aussie game show.
I fainted in the shower this morning. I had a banana yesterday, so I think low blood sugar combined with hot water was a bad idea. ANyways, now I have a spectacular gash on my arm, a scrape on my leg, and a bump on my head. When it rains, it pours. ANyways – now its monday in the states, so I have emergency cash, courtesy of chere mama, and I’m going to go eat.

THere’s some exciting type movie news over at cleolinda’s: http://cleolinda.livejournal.com/516333.html?#cutid1 I haven;t done more than read headlines, but hey – its nice to have something to take my mind off things. I think today I’ll be reading American Gods. Whee!

Oh – I forgot the other news. My insurance won’t cover theft. Awesome. But I don’t think my good insurance which ended on May 24th would’ve either.



Tags:

Comments are closed.