BootsnAll Travel Network



hello

Hi everybody- I’m in Ireland! Yay! I got in yesterday (I got upgraded to first class on the plane) and got to Kristl’s without any problems. I went to class with K (they have a whole class on correct posture for dealing with patients and empathizing) and then she snuck me into the anatomy lab! It was so surreal, but very cool. The bodies hardly looked real, and all the students were going around their business as if nothing was out of the ordinary (which, of course, it wasn’t for them). She showed me one guy’s face which had been cut open to expose facial nerves. Then she showed me the historical part of the school (where Countess Markievicz occupied it for the Rebellion) and we saw the pillars and the door with bullet marks in them. Then we went for coffee and we went to McSoreley’s. They are looking for staff and the owner will be back on Monday. I think I made a good impression – and the place is SO cute. Working there would be perfect.
Today I made my phone work and K and I are putting my CV together tonight. Kristl’s house is adorable and her housemates are really nice. Barry is a bartender, so he’s been giving me good information on getting a job. I’m going to orientation tomorrow and then wandering around town for a while, sightseeing and looking for jobs. Kristl has some plans for the weekend – diwali on Sunday, movie and dancing on Saturday, and a halloween party tomorrow. I’m not sure if I’ll be sightseeing or job hunting through the weekend. I think the former. I know we’ll be heading to the guiness storehouse at some point.



Tags:

Comments are closed.